2006 Lexus GX 470 Consumer Review: Best SUV I Have Ever Owned

2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV - Consumer Review

Best SUV I Have Ever Owned
By Kyhoke on

2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After owing the vehicle for 7 months I am still amazed at how smooth my GX drives. I choose this vehicle for its reliability, size and comfort as I have two large dogs. While searching for a new vehicle I test drove every SUV out there and I do mean every one including BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Porsche, Acura which I was really in love with at first but choose the GX in the end. I commute 100 miles a day for work and on occasion I have to haul things around so a decent amount of room was great. The interior cabin is very spacious and everything is well laid out for ease of use as well. Driving is a breeze as the engine which is quite strong is also very quiet, especially during an idle.

I love the third row ac for my dogs. All of the subtle interior lights are amazing. The 2nd row seats raise and lower very easily for cleaning the carpets underneath. The third row windows also open for good ventilation. Night time dimming rear view mirror is a great touch as well.

An MP3 adapter is not an option for this particular year's model is the only down fall. Heated 2nd row seats - not sure if that was an upgradeable option or not but it would have been nice.