Used 2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (42 reviews )

Best vehicle I have ever owned
By kimbrlydi

2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wonderful SUV! Not only is it gorgeous, but it's comfortable and affordable. The third row isn't that comfortable for anyone over 4 years old, but it does present me options when traveling or having sleepovers. My teen son loves to have the whole row when we go on road trips. He uses the outlet for his electronics and can spread out. We get raves and questions wherever we go with this vehicle. Excellent buy for the money.

Interior is plush; love the oustside look

More leg room in third row; DVD should be on seat backs instead of that as an option, and back radio controls easier to understand. Air conditioned seats are a must with leather.

Made a mistake
By NeverAGAIN

2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It kills me to admit I made a mistake purchasing this vehicle. Every complaint I read previously about the vehicle manifested with my new GX 470. Less than 1K miles and I kept experiencing grinding brakes and "the clunk". The clunk is a noise it makes after stopping. It causes the car to shift slighltly forward and feels as if someone tapped the bumper. When I showed the dealer a TSB report they were forced to fix it.

The height of the vehicle rides higher than most SUVs. Good looking from the outside.

Bluetooth works only sometimes with Blackberry, the CLUNK and warped rotors causing the brakes to grind.

GREAT SUV!!!
By srp

2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We love this car. Finish details supurb. Easy to drive. Navigation works well and is easy to learn.

Almost everything.

Get rid of the so-called rear seats.

Missing it
By Happy to be here

2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wifey and I had our GX for just over one month. We loved riding in it. It does ride more like an SUV than a sports car. The stereo and NAV system are terrific for factory. The best feature about this vehicle is one I hope that not many ever have to test... Safety. We were in a major wreck and the vehicle is totaled with less than 800 miles. We rode up a guardrail and hit a tree head on at about 35mph. The truck also rolled onto the drivers side. The integrity of this vehicle is first rate.

Prior to collision NAV, stereo, interior and exterior fit and finish. After safety and airbags. My wife was not wearing a seatbelt that day and walked away with no breaks.

Get rid of the tape deck and add more storage space.

Over priced car
By Bob

2006 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this car for 7 months now with 20000 miles on it and I should have walked into the Toyota dealer next door and looked at the Land Cruiser for a lot less. I am a big guy and this car is hard to enter and even women say that. The gas mileage is terrible. I think Lexus did a great advertising campaign to sell this overpriced car. The effort it takes to remove the rear seats is unreal and you would have to have no legs to sit in them.

• SUV