2006 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (42 reviews )
Best vehicle I have ever owned
By kimbrlydi on 08/01/06 11:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wonderful SUV! Not only is it gorgeous, but it's comfortable and affordable. The third row isn't that comfortable for anyone over 4 years old, but it does present me options when traveling or having sleepovers. My teen son loves to have the whole row when we go on road trips. He uses the outlet for his electronics and can spread out. We get raves and questions wherever we go with this vehicle. Excellent buy for the money.

Made a mistake
By NeverAGAIN on 07/23/06 16:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It kills me to admit I made a mistake purchasing this vehicle. Every complaint I read previously about the vehicle manifested with my new GX 470. Less than 1K miles and I kept experiencing grinding brakes and "the clunk". The clunk is a noise it makes after stopping. It causes the car to shift slighltly forward and feels as if someone tapped the bumper. When I showed the dealer a TSB report they were forced to fix it.

GREAT SUV!!!
By srp on 07/04/06 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We love this car. Finish details supurb. Easy to drive. Navigation works well and is easy to learn.

Missing it
By Happy to be here on 06/11/06 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wifey and I had our GX for just over one month. We loved riding in it. It does ride more like an SUV than a sports car. The stereo and NAV system are terrific for factory. The best feature about this vehicle is one I hope that not many ever have to test... Safety. We were in a major wreck and the vehicle is totaled with less than 800 miles. We rode up a guardrail and hit a tree head on at about 35mph. The truck also rolled onto the drivers side. The integrity of this vehicle is first rate.

Over priced car
By Bob on 06/08/06 12:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this car for 7 months now with 20000 miles on it and I should have walked into the Toyota dealer next door and looked at the Land Cruiser for a lot less. I am a big guy and this car is hard to enter and even women say that. The gas mileage is terrible. I think Lexus did a great advertising campaign to sell this overpriced car. The effort it takes to remove the rear seats is unreal and you would have to have no legs to sit in them.

Great but could be better
By yellow enzo on 06/05/06 07:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The only regret i have with this car is ours is without the kenetic dynamic suspension. i would consider this a must have option the fit and finish in our car is not up to lexus standards. The fuel economy is the biggest suprise it can easily get upwards of 24mpg on a road trip and about 17-19 on the twisties

Best SUV
By Brian on 05/25/06 15:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I now have 3,000 miles on the vehicle and it exceeds my expectations. I use it when I go skiing, it replaced a Honda Pilot which was not satisfactory in the mountains in winter. My wife loves the Lexus. I have owned a Land Rover Discovery and the Lexus is vastly superior. Also the gas mileage is better than my Land Rover.

Traded 05 RX 330 for 06 GX 470
By CHRIS RAMSEY on 05/18/06 15:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle because of reliability, this is third Lexus purchased. We needed third row seats and wanted DVD for grandchild. GX 470 has ample power to tow heavy trailers and climb steep mountain roads. Gas mileage and ho hum agility are the only downsides but have IS 300 for daily use and it gets 20-26 mpg.

Great Looking Car
By Karen on 03/26/06 18:16 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I feel very safe driving my GX 470. The navigation system is outstanding, the best I have ever seen. Even though it is a mid size SUV this car can easily fit into standard parking spaces. Sound system is top of the line

Best SUV and No Regrets!!
By Kevin on 03/15/06 21:26 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus GX 470 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I test drove almost everything out there... nothing could compare to the GX 470. It is a reliable and safe SUV. I think it has the best Luxury and features when compared to the SUVs I mentioned. The one thing that made me buy GX 470 was the Sports suspension (KDSS), makes body roll almost non-existant. I have put over 6000 miles on SUV and never had any regrets or wanted any other SUV.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.