2005 Lexus GX 470 Consumer Review: Terrifically safe car

2005 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

Terrifically safe car
By Lynn Fischer on

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love it. I'm up high. It is reliable and I feel safe. It is a heavy car without being too big. I wish there were turn signal arrows on my side mirrors like I've seen on other cars, so I never leave the damned turn signal on, confusing other drivers. I also wish the navigational system were easier to operate. I'd like a camera in the front too. But the only really big safety change I would want is for far better "blind spot" vision. Changing lanes is still not safe enough and the Lexus doesn't make it easier. Overall, it is a much more comfortable car than the two Mercedes I had before it, including a large Mercedes SUV. It is a softer ride.

Size, weight, smoothness of gears and smoothness of ride, color (pearl), thick, sturdy doors, easy to clean roof inside.

See above. I would also like the seat to sit up straighter and the wheel to go lower. I am small, and I don't want an air bag to hit my head, but aimed at my chest and I can't do that in my SUV. I also turn the headrest around backwards because I'm short and it juts the back of my head forward.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review