2005 Lexus GX 470 Consumer Review: My Luxury Utility Vehicle

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV - Consumer Review

My Luxury Utility Vehicle
By Donna on

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

MY "LUV" rides like a plane. On a recent trip the ride was so smooth (we have the worst roads in LA) I had to remember it was a freeway and not the airway. Love the looks I get at stop signs, red lights, etc. Started to purchase a Tahoe. Started reading the reviews on the GX470 on this site and had to test drive. Our city does not have a Lexus dearship, had to travel 125 miles to test drive. It was well worth the trip. The test drive had me sold, didnot want to leave the GX, but had not come prepared to buy. Within the week, we went back and drove our GX home. Once you drive or ride--you're hooked. So glad I made the purchase-- always looking for somewhere to go so I can drive it.

Favorite Features

Back up camera - auto tilt away of the steering wheel - Lexus logos - rear door - auto windshield wipers; Shift panel - navigation system - very comfortable - soft door closures - drop down side mirrors when put in reverse - good looking vehicle and it makes me look good!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage (but knew this when I bought it); be able to use a sprint phone (which I already have) with the bluetooth; use regular unleaded gas (salesman told me only to use super); dry cleaning hooks - offer satellite radio.