Great Value for a Luxury SUV
By kellerman on
2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I live in the mountains and work in real estate. My driving habits are much more demanding than the typical buyer. I use the vehicle regularly in wintry conditions and also off road. In both capacities, the vehicle is extremely capable and gives the driver lots of confidence. The SUV is very luxurious and has much better build quality than its American competitors. Nav, Bluetooth, rear-view camera, and DVD all work well. I get around 16 MPG, but that is better than other heavy SUVs that get around 12-13 MPG in this area.
Favorite Features
Downhill assist control is amazing on icy roads! I have used it down an 18% grade with two inches of ice. The GX never broke away and held the car back on its own. The variable ride height gives an extra 1.5" of clearance in the rear. The GX will not get stuck in any conditions or terrain! 6000+LBS
Suggested Improvements
12-way power passenger seat. Better place to store rear headphones. 2nd row could fold more flat. Better design on gas tank (pump shuts off too early sometimes). Rear-view camera gets dirty easily.