2005 Lexus GX 470 Consumer Review: First foreign vehicle and am W

2005 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Review

First foreign vehicle and am Wowwed!
By Marty on

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Own a very late 2004, but basically the same. Except for some of the plasticware being a little low grade for the Lexus name, the vehicle is outstanding! Never owned a foreign vehicle before, but I am SOLD on Lexus! Drove on icy roads with NO trouble! Nav sys was a bit outdated, but works great! Got DVD in headrests w/game plug ins and that is worth the money on long trips! Wife would like more storage space. 3rd seat can really only hold kids as adults would have knees up to chest. Seats and controls are very comfortable and engine has quite the get up and go! City driving gets 18+ mpg and highway (fully loaded w/cargo top) got about 20. Not great, but OK. Parkplace Lexus is super, too!

Stability, Nav system with rear camera, tilt down sideview mirrors, seatback DVD w/headphones, just about everything! Handles very well. Turning radius is great, especially for a truck!

Plastic could definitely be brought up to Lexus standards. Reminds me of a low end Hyundi and the reason why I stayed away from Japanese vehicles. Only flaw I see. Have had vehicle since end of 09/04.