Best of the Best
By pH on
2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
This is a great truck. Love the ride, handling, comfort and looks. I'm 6'2", so I had no problems to fit inside, unlike 4runner or VW Touareg. Highly recommend this vehicle. Much better than Mercedes and BMW. NAV system in not as good as other competitors and voice activated commands doesn't work as it suppose to. Because of the cabin noise from AC or heater it doesn't recognize commands. Overall I'm happy with the purchase. There are, of course, a lot of things for improvement, majority of which I listed in the Improvements section. I also would like to see front connectors on the radio to be able to hook up the iPOD/MP3 player.
Favorite Features
Carlike ride, backup camera, ride height control and ability to choose ride comfort (sort/comfort settings). Bluetooth - works with Verizon. Ability to fill up with regular gas.
Suggested Improvements
1 Change rear door to a split liftgate (like LX470); 2 Make center console(armerests)like in LX 470 3 3rd row seats has to be folded flat (MDX) 4 Retractable side mirrors 5 Suspension should go up and down in front and rear 6 Heated steering wheel 7 Front screen input while in driving 8 NAV