Used 2005 Lexus GX 470 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (100 reviews )

LEXUS GX470
By JAY

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've had the Suv for a month and a half, and everything is great. Not even one thing to bring back in for, not even one problem. Gas Mileage is no good, but knew that when I purchased it, so not an issue. VERY comfortable vehicle, rides and handles extremely well. Really enjoying owning this. Jay

Comfort, handling, ride

turn signals on mirror. Add satellite radio. I can't believe Lexus doesn't have built in satellite on the audio deck. Go figure!

Love this Vehicle
By Chrissy

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle is the best car I have ever owned. Its fun to drive, has a lot of passenger room and storage. The gas mileage is much better then most SUVs. It's sporty looking and very versatile.

Navigation System, Auto Climate Control, Fold up Rear Seats, and overall look

Better Lumbar Support on the front seats

Dependability & Reliability
By woodpecker

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have only had this vehicle for a short time however it is typical Lexus quality-build. Gas mileage is not the best but better for an engine of this size and class of SUV, something I realized when buying. The sound system is excellent and optional sport edition adds an extra flare each time I get inside. Lexus dependability/safety/durability/peace of mind is something that comes standard with the MSRP...

Mark Levinson is a concert hall on wheels, typical Lexus quiet ride and smoothness. Soft leather appointments and powerful yet efficient(?) engine wins me over each time I drive it.

3rd row is good for a dog or child only (sorry adults) plus it doesn't flow flat into the floor. To maximize cargo room, seats must be removed which I consider primitive by today's engineering standards. Would like to see power fold mirrors, also lose the tape player in favor of 6-disk single feed.

My GX 470
By KennyMitch

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We love this vehicle! I traded in a BMW 525i and a Jeep Liberty both with low miles. We can honestly say this is the best driving experience we have ever had. I can assure you that we have had some wonderful automobiles but, nothing beats our 2004 Lexus GX 470. We have style, grace and superior handling all rolled into one vehicle. Long trips are a breeze compared to any other vehicle and I really loved my BMW 525i until I gave it up for a Lexus GX 470. It's a Superb blend of quality and handling. We love it!

Seats, ride, handling and of course looks. It has many standard features and is a pleasure to drive. We are total Lexus fans for life!

Make Bluetooth standard on the GX 470. Make the rear door power and opening up with a power window that can open while moving. Offer GPS updates free of charge for GX and LX owners. Make crome wheels with the Lexus logo standard.

for the love of lexus
By 2005 lexus gx 470

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is amazing. It has every feature you could dream of!! The smoothness of the ride makes make it feel more like a plane gliding along the road.

Remote start, adjustable steering wheel, navigation, blue tooth technology