2005 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (99 reviews )
2005 GX470 with Sport Package
By JLex on 02/16/05 17:57 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV is well worth the money. The interior styling, handling, and performance is flawless. I have the sport package with KDSS which may contribute to the excellent handling, and will say this thing definetly corners just as well as any car-based SUV in the market. Haven't had a chance to offroad, but I have no doubts on its capabilities. It maintains excellent control in the snow & mud. Other vehicles I considered were the Acura MDX, BMW X5, and the Land Rover LR3. I am 100% satisfied with my choice.

A Dream To Drive
By Black Beauty on 02/12/05 11:44 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Proud owner of my first SUV. This is a dream car to drive. Perfect size and easy to handle. Lots of power. Short on gas mileage.

AS GOOD AS IT GETS
By mitchell rowe on 02/12/05 06:06 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The gx has a way of adapting to the driver's personality. We'll call it a friendly machine. When it snowed last week, I drove 190 miles both ways to north jersey as if it were 85 degrees and sunny. On a warm day it seems as if you're driving a bmw 3 series. The levinson radio is real. The current generation navigation system actually works. The 5 speed tranny doesn't miss a shift. And most important to my wife, it's easy to get in and out of the front or back. We rate the gx a 10.

Mixed Emotions
By gelkin on 02/11/05 16:09 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second Lexus, previously owned GS 430, but my 4th SUV. Overall a nice vehice but I do have some gripes. The driving position is not to my liking. It seems like Lexus took the undersized arm rests from the Sequoia and put them in the GX. There is literally no position I can put the armrest in and be comfortable. The ride is just OK, even with the suspension set to the softest setting it's jarring around town. Constantly being in 4wd leads to some interesting noises at highway speeds over 65mph and when parking in a tight spot. Fuel economy... never seen 17mph. The barn door is a major pain when the wind blows. I'd like to see a traditional "liftgate" type of door.

3 time Lexus owner
By steve on 02/10/05 22:27 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After leasing 2 RX300's over the last six years, this is a BIG step up. The deal was outstanding but the vehicle really sold itself. Comfort, power and looks all in one package. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone in the market for a mid to large size SUV. You won't go wrong.

Love My New GX470
By anne on 02/10/05 06:06 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my GX470 a month ago, and it meets all my expectations. I have owned 4 other Lexus', all sedans, but I like this model best of all. Plenty of space for my 3 grandchildren, a great entertainment center, and a nice smooth ride all add to our enjoyment. Also, excellent visibility and lots of power under the hood!

The best SUV!!
By shell on 02/09/05 20:57 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is by far the most comfortable riding and roomy SUV I've ever owned. I would highly recommend this car to anyone. The interior features are intuitive and easy to figure out. The designers thought of just about everything - even the easy opening back door. In addition, the exterior is just plain classy!!

I love my gx 470
By ebabb on 02/04/05 16:35 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Absolutely love it. It handles great and is the perfect size. The interior is beautiful and I have used the navigation so much more than I thought I would. awesome vehicle.

reliable, though unspectacular
By wanda on 01/30/05 10:00 AM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

car hasn`t given us any problems yet.picks up speed and handles well. takes too long to warm up, noisy, stereo is no good

2004 Lexus GX 470
By Jill A. Patton on 01/29/05 16:28 PM (PST)

2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Deciding to trade my GS400 for an SUV was a difficult decision. Wanting more room but not a monster vehicle, the GX470 seemed to be everything I was looking for. Having previously driven the LX470 as a primary vehicle, I was not looking forward to a bulky existence. The GX470 is a petite SUV perfect for my petite 5' 2" frame. Better gas mileage would be a plus, but the ability to transport two friends each along with my two children has made up for it. I believe this is about as close as I can get to an SUV that feels more like a car. I have grown to love the car and all it provides for me, as a single Mom, and my children. They love the extra room too.