Used 2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (103 reviews )

GX470
By Dean

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent car and great service as usual from Lexus. Rear transaxle gets loose and needs to be tightened every 10,000 miles. Lexus stands behind every detail.

Great seats/interior. GPS is the best on the market, clear, easy to use. Power and handling.

Move side hinge door to left side hinge. Add Sirius radio capability.

Smart and classy buy
By Elena

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Looked at many other suv's, but loved this one! I have had it for almost a year and an very happy with it. I have just reached 12,000+ miles and the car still looks brand new! It drives very comfortably and is spacious! The trunk is a bit small when the third row is down, but i love the third row option. People tend to complain about the trunk door, but it has not bothered me once! Its a great car and should last a good long time, both the interior and engine! :)

WE LOVE THE navigation system! we use it all the time! It is very simple to use and a great resource... even on my daily commutes!

None i can think of...

My Luxury Utility Vehicle
By Donna

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

MY "LUV" rides like a plane. On a recent trip the ride was so smooth (we have the worst roads in LA) I had to remember it was a freeway and not the airway. Love the looks I get at stop signs, red lights, etc. Started to purchase a Tahoe. Started reading the reviews on the GX470 on this site and had to test drive. Our city does not have a Lexus dearship, had to travel 125 miles to test drive. It was well worth the trip. The test drive had me sold, didnot want to leave the GX, but had not come prepared to buy. Within the week, we went back and drove our GX home. Once you drive or ride--you're hooked. So glad I made the purchase-- always looking for somewhere to go so I can drive it.

Back up camera - auto tilt away of the steering wheel - Lexus logos - rear door - auto windshield wipers; Shift panel - navigation system - very comfortable - soft door closures - drop down side mirrors when put in reverse - good looking vehicle and it makes me look good!

Gas mileage (but knew this when I bought it); be able to use a sprint phone (which I already have) with the bluetooth; use regular unleaded gas (salesman told me only to use super); dry cleaning hooks - offer satellite radio.

A Womans Dream
By natalie

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased the car after downsizing from a Toyota Seqouia (which is another great vehicle). Both my children have gotten their licenses and being an active family from skiing to the beach house, this suv gives you the room, comfort and reliability woth no worries

The Navigational System, it's great. The radio and sound system speaks for itself. My overall favorite is the smooth and quiet ride that Lexus is known for.

Do something with the back door, Lexus gives you the little option of keeping the door open with the arm locked in place, but it is a pain to load groceries and equipment. should have a hatch with window option to come down, the it would be perfect

I had to write about it!
By Nick

2005 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I normally would not take the time to write a car review, but this SUV really deserves it. It's actually my wife's car but I find myself making up goofy excuses to drive it because it is so nice. The Lexus quality is #1 as is their customer service. I bought chrome factory wheels from an Amarket wheel shop and in the swapping out process they broke a wheel stud off. I took the truck back to the dealer for the fix expecting a line about how I would be responsible for the cost since I did not have them do the install. Not even a funny look from the service advisor, on the contrary; a danish, cup of coffee and an apology for the inconvienence. Do yourself a favor and test drive this truck!!!!!

All the bells and whistles. Navigation, instrument panel lights, swing out rear door, tire pressure monitor, back up camera, down/up hill assist in 4WD, auto-lock differential. (Not that you would want to take it serious off roading , it is as good a 4WD truck that you can buy on the market today).

For the $ it should come with xenon headlights..even the RX330 does! The ride is a little bouncy in the rear even on the comfort setting, but in all fairness it is a 4WD truck. I'm used to my Acura letting me use the nav while driving...I think it should be left up to the discretion of the driver.