2004 Lexus GX 470
By Jill A. Patton on
2005 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
Deciding to trade my GS400 for an SUV was a difficult decision. Wanting more room but not a monster vehicle, the GX470 seemed to be everything I was looking for. Having previously driven the LX470 as a primary vehicle, I was not looking forward to a bulky existence. The GX470 is a petite SUV perfect for my petite 5' 2" frame. Better gas mileage would be a plus, but the ability to transport two friends each along with my two children has made up for it. I believe this is about as close as I can get to an SUV that feels more like a car. I have grown to love the car and all it provides for me, as a single Mom, and my children. They love the extra room too.
Favorite Features
The seat heaters are great although having some in the back would be nice. The DVD player is a wonderful addition especially with the headphones in use.
Suggested Improvements
Seat heaters in the back would be grand. Children are always colder. Conceal controls for the backseat air control as feet are constantly accidentally hitting buttons. Improve the system for housing the remote control for the DVD player. I wish it matched the interior.