2004 Lexus GX 470 Consumer Review: Outstanding Surprise

2004 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Review

Outstanding Surprise
By RichardB on

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After three successive SUVs, I was planning to lease a Lexus LS430 luxury sedan. Instead, I wound up with their "mid-size" GX470 luxury SUV, and WOW, what a treat. It is so much more than the other SUVs in terms of comfort, features, luxury amenities, etc. that I am absolutely delighted. I am a big man, but my wife is small, and this vehicle is just the right size for both of us. The ride is superb, the handling terrific and the sound system second to none. This is the nicest SUV I have ever been in, period! The only negative is the poor gas mileage, but it is still superior to the Escalade and other large types.

Love the Levinson sound system, the fully adjustible driver's seat, the height for visibilty, the adjustible height control that raises or lowers the vehicle, when necessary, and of course, the ride. The navigation system is terrific.

Make the passenger seat fully adjustible, as well. Improve the gas mileage, make the third row seats optional even with the rear air conditioning controls.