2004 Lexus GX 470 Consumer Review: Great Car, awful radio

2004 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Review

Great Car, awful radio
By Mike925 on

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first Lexus and I was not let down from what I expected. I have taken it off road several times it has handled beautifully. I am averaging 19.3 mpg over the life of the car (most of my driving is highway). My biggest complaint is about something pretty trivial - radio controls. I could buy a radio at Circuit City that would be more user friendly. Lexus's top designers must have had the day off when the radio was being created. The controls are spread out among the steering wheel, the touch screen and the cassette deck below.

Heated seats and mirrors - a must in wintertime. The intermittant wipers work extremely well. The navigation system is easy to use and works very well. I just wish you could enter destinations while in motion (the passenger would do all of the entering, of course).

Replace the radio with a more user friendly design. An in dash changer would be much better than the 6 disc cartridge in the glove box. More horespower would be nice.