2004 Lexus GX 470 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Fine Vehicle

2004 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Review

Fine Vehicle
By Fine Vehicle on

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my '04 RX330 for the GX for I needed more capacity and capability. FOR A TRUCK, it handles, drives and rides exceptionally well. The mpg at 18 is expected for this type of vehicle. The quality, like my RX is superb. The nav. system is easy to use, and the backup camera is an absolute must have due to the inherent blind spots. I made sure I got the Michelins, and have had no trouble whatsoever, like I have often read from other owners. Overall, for me, I feel it is the best from the list I chose, incl. the SRX, the horribly unreliable VW T-Reg, the Benz and the fun driving, but impractical and rather unreliable X5. I am so far very pleased with the GX, and would recommend it.

Favorite Features

Quality and resale value are wonderful. The safety features are outstanding, and for such a capable off-roader, it exudes luxury. The b/u camera, as well as the rear entertainment and Navigation system are great. I would buy another. It does what it is supposed to do very well.

Suggested Improvements

The front seats are NOT comfortable for people six feet and taller. The seats are far too short in the legs. Like the RX, they measure 19 1/2 inches from the lower back toward the knee, and any drives over 2 hours are miserable. The wheels also need to be refreshed-they are a bit boring.