BMW/Mercedes Killer
By Bruce Pietsch on
2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
I have owned a BMW325ic and a Mercedes ML320 and this car is so far superior to both that it is astounding. I lost a head gasket on the BMW from chronic overheating and the ML320 electrical system failed 5 times and was almost a grand for brakes. The Lexus does not have the road feel of BMW but it is meant to have a luxury feel and is silent. You cannot tell if you are going 50 or 100 which tends to cause speeding tickets. No more repairs for me, Lexus is the best. Do not buy DVD aftermarket and IRA Lexus is a shoddy dealer,sold me after market DVD for 2 grand when factory one cost 1500! Did not do my homework on accessories.
Favorite Features
Looks style handling, motor is smooth, transmission outstanding, high speed handling is very safe for big SUV.
Suggested Improvements
Get the factory DVD not aftermarket. Sell your car on your own, as tradein killed me due to some minor dings. Do not get navigation, it is a waste in my view, I do not have nor is it safe to be looking at while driving. 3rd row seats only for small kids/leg room poor-do not fold in.