2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (171 reviews )
lexusgx 470
By suzanne35 on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

had the larger lexus suv. traded it in fpr this one. more sporty fun to drive. not as difficult to park. still has enough room for a family of four comfortably. rides like a car not a truck.

EXCELLENT
By HZOUDA on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

EXCLLENT CAR, WOULD PREFER MORE CARGO ROOM FOR 7 PASSENGER CAR. FUEL ECON, COULD BE BETTER. OR 6 CLIN MODLE

New GTX
By GTX-SB on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. I found the comfort suspension setting a bit stiff on my bumpy city streets at slow speeds, fine on country roads at more speed and the nornal or sport settings fine at highway speeds. Everything else is pure pleasure.

EHM!
By happyevraftr on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Before this baby I had only Ford Explorer Limited's, left the brand due to the worst dealer treatment ever had, with my new Lex I feel pampered from test driving the vehicle to closing the deal I was treated like an V.I.P., going to the dealers shop is the same treatment, you are lex man go right ahead,there's a super hughemungus diffrence from the crapy ride of the explorer to a smooth sedan like ride of the lexus, in cabin is like flying first class pampered all the way, the vehicle was made a suv, if I wanted H.P. and speed I will have decided for the Gs400, I have kids waiting for me at home.

Outstanding Surprise
By Paladin1940 on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I thought I wanted an LX430, but the tax incentives forced me to consider an SUV. I looked at several, and fell in love with the GX470 "mid-sized" Lexus SUV. It is definitel "full-sized", but my very tiny wife LOVES to drive this car, as do I. I am a big man, and comfort is very important to me, as well as style, convenience and performance. I have owned several luxury vehicles, and this is my favorite so far. EASY handling, nice ride, beautiful sound system, great finish. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a top notch SUV.

Awesoem Car
By zach451 on 07/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

this car is the best out f all suvs! Luxury, Intelligince, Technology, Smart People!

excellent
By disreal on 07/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

beauiful car the ride is second to none. i will buy another in a few years

Sweetness
By my mama? on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is so perfect. The inside is great and the outsde is like the inside

BMW/Mercedes Killer
By Bruce Pietsch on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a BMW325ic and a Mercedes ML320 and this car is so far superior to both that it is astounding. I lost a head gasket on the BMW from chronic overheating and the ML320 electrical system failed 5 times and was almost a grand for brakes. The Lexus does not have the road feel of BMW but it is meant to have a luxury feel and is silent. You cannot tell if you are going 50 or 100 which tends to cause speeding tickets. No more repairs for me, Lexus is the best. Do not buy DVD aftermarket and IRA Lexus is a shoddy dealer,sold me after market DVD for 2 grand when factory one cost 1500! Did not do my homework on accessories.

Best car I've owned
By bozey on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Seats are buttery smooth Drives like a car Awesome stereo Best dealership I've ever purchased from From backup camera to nav system, this car is the best toy I've ever owned.