2004 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (171 reviews )
first year bloopers
By Carlton R on 09/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had alot of technical problems. Also, the first year out, it has mechanical problems (drivetrain).

excellent vehicle
By pitufo on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

At 75 miles per hour or less, this vehicle give good mileage for the size and engine. The bulbs under the headlights doesn't last long. I have to replace the bulb every six months. As for the comfort of this vehicle, it is really a dream come true. I recommend this vehicle especially for long distance driving.

not too early to judge
By george GX-470 on 08/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After looking and eliminating the VW- Touareg and the BMW-X5 found no comparison against the GX-470. Riding, hadling, interior and exterior quality and craftsmanship and value for $$. Probably the best vehicle I've ever owned and not to mention the VIP treatment at the Northside Lexus Houston, Tx. dealership.

Love My GX470!
By Jerp on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The GX 470 is a dream of a car. Solid handling, plush interior, sharp lines and great ride for such a short wheelbase. Very quiet and roomy.

Look for an adventure
By looknow12 on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

With this vehicle, you look for places to drive. It's comfortable, smooth, quiet, surefooted and handles better than most cars. Every feature and button is laid out where it should be. Navigation system is by far the best in the industry. Touch screen also carries the radio, climate control & DVD. MB's is frustrating to use. Vehicle is unstoppable. I've had journeys through 40" snow storms with ease and have traversed uphill dirt piles for fun. Of every 4wd vehicle I've had, this is the most capable.

Over rated SUV
By limited4runner on 08/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was very disappointed in the comfort and noise reduction that Lexus stands for. i took it for a test drive. I driven both a Kenetic and non KDSS vehicle. There were no difference just a $4k price increase. The salesman says only notice if it's on an offroad terrain. Don't get me wrong it's a great vehicle but for the price you are paying you expect a little bit more quality. I own a '97 4x4 limited 4runner (havent had any trouble yet). I hardly know the difference in ride. You can still feel the bumps on the road and hear the wind noise on the windows. I guess Lexus did a great job covering that up with the nav and entertainment system!

Outstanding Automobile
By Darin Bell on 08/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nothing comes close to the build quality and comfort of the Lexus. It is quiet, comfortable, and just a joy to drive. The Lexus just feels tight. I compared the GX470 to many other luxury SUV's and the Lexus always won out in my mind.

Hwy Luxury, Backroad Performance
By IndyEric on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The GX470 is deceptively spacious and capable, yet maintains the quality and luxury that you expect from Lexus. I purchased a 2003 GX470 the first week that they were available in December of 2002. I recently traded that one in for a 2004 model. The ride is wonderful and the Nav/sound/ and entertainment systems make the long family trips easy while the ride is smoother than our Acura TL sedan. The biggest surprise is how much room they have. Where does it come from?

Great Car
By meing on 08/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

First SUV, never going back to cars.

gx 470
By N777KG on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

feels solid and handles great. this is my 11th. suv as of 1973 and it is the best. I only wish the front passanger seat had better adjustments and also the cup holders were in better locations.