2004 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (171 reviews )
Everything you're looking for!
By KareGal on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The minute you get into the car you're floating on clouds. The ride is unbelievable. I previously owned a Toyota Sequoia which was also a great vehicle but I felt I didn't need to drive around in a car that big.It's the perfect size, gliding ride, and luxury style

A Quality, plush SUV
By Scott1 on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 04 GX470 after looking at all of the choices in the class. The Lexus just offered more of what I wanted..an exceptional luxury interior, smooth refined powertrain, and the best reputation for quality and dealer service in the industry. I've had it on rough city streets and out on the freeway, and the ride and road manners are impeccable in all situations. It doesn't handle like a sports car , but I didn't buy a sports car either. It's handling is easy and supremely comfortable. Lots of room in the back seat for adults, the third seat is pretty useless though unless you haul munchkins around. Adjustable suspension settings work well, letting you set the handling/ride as you like.

Unforgivable Oversight
By David Wachtel on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a fantastic vehicle, but it baffles my mind how did the designers failed to deal with the wind shudder. The wind shudder when opening the back windows of this vehicle render them almost unusable. A gross omission in an otherwise terrific vehicle.

lexus is numero uno
By roel gonzalez on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The GX 470 is a pleasure to drive. The only draw back is the CD player which is in the glove box. It is just a cream to drive.

Love my car!!
By Josie Dee on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my GX470. I think it is the best car I have ever owned. The layout is excellent and my kids love the DVD system. Great turning radius.

Lexus Lies
By Dissatisfied on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my GX during the Lexus Golden opportunity Day. I was told that there were no incentives on the GX. But I found out later that that was not true. Lexus has decided to drop the prices on the GX by making the worthless 3rd seat a N/C item on the last of the 2004 models. So, I lost $2000 by buying during the Lexus golden opportunity days. Beware these guys are tricky and they Lie. Go buy a Sequioa or Infiniti.

rear door not user friendly
By E. Lynette on 09/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

rear door swings open into traffic. Window does not open/close. No way to leave door open for an extra long load. must have at least 4' behind vehicle to open door.

Great SUV!
By jackwu on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Perfect! Even the fuel efficiency is not as bad as some other people claimed. I got over 20 mpg on my everyday commute (half local and half highway).

So good we bought TWO!
By MrsLighting on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

All I can say is that we loved the GX SO much that we bought 2! We traded in an LS & an RX & we think we got the best of both vehicles in the GX. I have 2 carseats in my GX @ all times as well as a dble jog stroller & I'm still able to fit in more plants & groceries than you can imagine! The DVD player is a godsend; it keeps my girls happy & the headphones are great!My husband is a salesrep & puts about 40K + miles a yr on his vehicles & the GX has so many great features especially the GPS system that help him to make the GX his rolling office. Oh, and the GX can really MOVE! To sum it up; the GX is is an all round AWESOME vehical for anyone & everyone!

happy w/my new GX 470 purchase
By Lexus 470 owner on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent vehicle, everything as promised and more. 0 complaints, dealership made purchasing quite painless and I'm very picky.