2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (171 reviews )
GX 470
By Payam Mazhari on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Lexus GX 470 is one of the most awesome suvs I have ever riden,sat in, and seen.It is even better than the Lexus LX 470, especially the Exterior design.The inside is the best and most luxurious I have ever seen in a car yet. I love the way the back door opens which is sideways unlike the LX which opens half down and have up and I hate that.The engine the biggest engine that has everbeen put into a Lexus. The DVD entertaiment system is so cool because we get to watch any dvd we want and we get to play video games on it.The Navigation system is also fun to use.I like to play and use alot of its high-tech things.

poor quality
By mellis1100 on 11/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I fell in love with the styling of the car. The car drives terribly. Poor mileage. Jerking when it is at a stop. Taken it to service, they say that is the way the car is made. High reving when it is started, even when it is warmed up. The comfort of the car, on the passenger side, sits low and can't adjust seat. No lumbar. No power on the highway, due to they all come in 4 wheel drive.

2004 GX470
By mw1862 on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven the GX for 1 week now. We are extremely pleased with this SUV. The navigation system is fairly easy to use and the Mark Levinson stereo is excellent. This is our 3rd Lexus. Needless to say that we have been extremely satisfied.

The BEST serious off/on-road luxury SUV
By Dino Munoz on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been driving the GX470 for one month and I have receiving more of what I pay for it. Previously, I had a Toyota Land Cruiser and I changed for GX 470 2004 (full); better suspension, more futures, more comfort, ride quality, better acceleration respond when I need it, more quietness, smoother, with the same interior room (more head room) and believe me I was really happy with my 99 Land Cruiser! This is power, reliability and comfort, this is a Lexus!

In Love with my GX
By lexuslady on 10/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the 3rd Lexus I've owned and by far the most comfortable; loaded with safety features; and a joy to drive.

Lexus GX
By Kalvin on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Lexus GX470 is a capable and comfortable suv,overall it is the best possible choice for consumers who desire a 7 seater suv without wanting to spend 60,000. It has immpecable relibility and reasonable handling. It is able to encompass everything that is needed and wanted is an suv today, without being oversized or overpriced

Love this truck
By allisonb1013 on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I spent a lot of time researching before buying my new SUV/LUV. I decided to wait for the 2004 GX b/c of my fear of buying a vehicle in its first model year. I can honestly say I am absolutely satisfied! I LOVE this vehicle. It's everything I was looking for.

Mixed feelings
By HFPjr on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just passed 5000 miles. Superb drive train and visibility. Wonderfully quiet. Narrow and short driver seat, third row useless. Rear barn door a pain. Very busy ride. Worst issue is excessively powerful a/c creates way too much air movement. Passengers always too cold. Outside thermometer defective, dealer cannot fix.

Las Vegas Lexus
By LASVEGASLEXUSTOM on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

What a vehicle! Lexus has outdone itself. Who else would do all the paperwork, PDI, and then drive 75 miles from the dealership right to my front door to deliver me this flying 747? Only Lexus Carlsbad would..no one else in town would even think of doing something like that.

Lexus GX 470 THE BEST OF THE BEST !!!
By spkohljr on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lexus has proven itself again. The 2004 has beem improved to include a Kinetic suspension system -- even more comfortable ride than 2003. Also, the NAV system now includes a rear camera for safety and ease of parking! This is a fantastic machine!