2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (171 reviews )
Awesome!
By gtfly on 12/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the the seventh Lexus I have owned, and it is by far my favorite. Our LX470 is also great, but this is more sporty, with more get up and go, and more sun to drive. The sound system is fantastic.

Best Luxury SUV EVER!
By Desi Bandha on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

For the price, this is an excellent value. Not sure, why anuyone would pay $20K more for the LX470. It beats competition, tough they may seam cheaper. When you add all the options on the others, this one is so much more worth it.

Drive it and You'll Love it.
By Akros on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

A quality vehicle that leaves little to ask for even in the base model. It can be expected to hold value. With a smooth ride and comfortable interior this "heavy" SUV gets good MPG for it's weight,shape and V-8 engine. Handling is good. Entry/exit using running boards can be cumbersome. Fit/finish, both in and out, is typical high quality Lexus. Stock highway tires? Switch to Michelin X- Country tires which, in my opinion, should come standard on this type of vehicle. Flush folding rear seats would be a welcome design change. Like the rear door, a "door/gate" that would permit rear door to convert into a tailgate would be welcome. Overall..Great SUV

The Best
By cougarmt on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Best car I have ever owned. Well worth the money

Love this vehicle
By MCK on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The only thing Lexus missed was adding a rearview reverse camera for the navigation screen or at the very least a reverse sensors...other than that, this is a GREAT vehicle!

Quality Built
By Bob747 on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Quiet as a vault Build like a tank Quick for a vechile that is 5000lbs Rides just a nice as the LX, save $10,000 Lose 4" in the back 2" w more head room then most, commanding view of the road! blows away x5, mdx, Aviator,xc90, and the rest. No SUV is perfect, but this one comes close!

Room For Improvement
By Socal GX470 on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd Lexus so you know we love the product. Overall we are very pleased with the GX, but as with any new product line there is room for improvement. Gas milage is pretty bad at 13-14 mpg, but we knwe that before buying. The center console could be better thought out to include cell phone storage compartment. The third row seat would be better served if it was automated like the Expedition.

Lexus GX470 2004
By narin on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This Lexus is better driving than my wife Mercedez-benz E320. It is very easy to drive and handle. My wife is enjoying her driving my Lexus than her car.I am very happy with this GX 470 than my previous RX300;however, rear view is limited and has to be very careful backing (since I do not have rearview camera).Cargo space is also limited with the third row seats.

Outstanding Surprise
By RichardB on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After three successive SUVs, I was planning to lease a Lexus LS430 luxury sedan. Instead, I wound up with their "mid-size" GX470 luxury SUV, and WOW, what a treat. It is so much more than the other SUVs in terms of comfort, features, luxury amenities, etc. that I am absolutely delighted. I am a big man, but my wife is small, and this vehicle is just the right size for both of us. The ride is superb, the handling terrific and the sound system second to none. This is the nicest SUV I have ever been in, period! The only negative is the poor gas mileage, but it is still superior to the Escalade and other large types.

Expected Better
By mev on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

As an owner of 4 previous Lexus'and my first SUV Lexus I am quite suprrised what a quiet ride this SUV has. I purchased this vehicle with every available option. I enjoy driving it but I am disappointed with the braking system. I ocasionally tow Jet skis with this vehicle and I am disappointed with the performance while towing the skis and braking is very disappointing with towing the skis. Brakes fade terribly when traveling highway speed and having to stop more quickly than the norm.