Used 2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (172 reviews )

gx 470
By N777KG

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

feels solid and handles great. this is my 11th. suv as of 1973 and it is the best. I only wish the front passanger seat had better adjustments and also the cup holders were in better locations.

Feel of the road at highway speed. Also the off road traction and the solid transfer case shift.

lexusgx 470
By suzanne35

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

had the larger lexus suv. traded it in fpr this one. more sporty fun to drive. not as difficult to park. still has enough room for a family of four comfortably. rides like a car not a truck.

gps. seating. stadium seating. tv. play station. sporty look. lexus link. moon roof.

i wish it had a button like the larger lexus suv does that pulls in side mirrors. that is about the only thing

EXCELLENT
By HZOUDA

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

EXCLLENT CAR, WOULD PREFER MORE CARGO ROOM FOR 7 PASSENGER CAR. FUEL ECON, COULD BE BETTER. OR 6 CLIN MODLE

MORE CARGO SPACE NEEDED FO 7 PASSENGER CAR

New GTX
By GTX-SB

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. I found the comfort suspension setting a bit stiff on my bumpy city streets at slow speeds, fine on country roads at more speed and the nornal or sport settings fine at highway speeds. Everything else is pure pleasure.

8 seats, 3 easily removable for huge cargo space.

The low elevation supsnsion setting is limited to slow speeds and at rest. Other SUVs adjust down at speed. The height could be dropped an inch or tow without sacraficing headroom, visibility or usable cargo volume and it might improve the mileage a bit.

EHM!
By happyevraftr

2004 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Before this baby I had only Ford Explorer Limited's, left the brand due to the worst dealer treatment ever had, with my new Lex I feel pampered from test driving the vehicle to closing the deal I was treated like an V.I.P., going to the dealers shop is the same treatment, you are lex man go right ahead,there's a super hughemungus diffrence from the crapy ride of the explorer to a smooth sedan like ride of the lexus, in cabin is like flying first class pampered all the way, the vehicle was made a suv, if I wanted H.P. and speed I will have decided for the Gs400, I have kids waiting for me at home.

Sound system, DVD and Navigation, ride, darn, everything!

HID's, it is a most