2004 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (171 reviews )
Lexus GX470
By Rudyard Kipling on 01/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We were coming out of a 2000 BMW 528i, which our family outgrew, so it is quite a change switching to a SUV. Overall it is a solid, comfortable vehicle with a pretty good ride, especially considering it's 4-runner roots. Easy to manuever and excellent off-line torque. The interior is a very high quality and finish. It meets our space requirements with all the amenties and while not a 5-series ride or handling, it is comfortable.

I think my SUV is a great vehicle
By dbeez on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle after selling a 2003 Toyota 4-Runner LTD. I like the stability I felt when I took this vehicle skiing. I purchase a loaded version and my kids love the DVD.

gx470 review
By lfsteach75 on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is absolutely incredible. It drives smooth and I never have any problems or concerns when on the rode.

Lexus Beats BMW X5
By MAAbrahams on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nothing beats a Lexus for quality and reliability.

lexus gx 470
By peterm on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is an outstanding vehicle in almost every way. Not as pricey as the Lx 470 but every bit as good. I was looking for a V-8 with decent gas mileage and this is it. The ride is pure comfort and you get a host of luxury features. The interior is like a living room.

Awesome SUV!
By dougb on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The best SUV on the planet! Exceptional ride. Luxurious with all the Lexus ammenities. Performance oriented. An SUV with an attitude! A blast to drive. Will break your fun meter right off!!

GX470 review
By Vaughn on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great ride, comfort, steering and handling.

i love it!
By gx470!!res!! on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love my GX 470 Never had a suv b-4, bought it on a whim, but it's no mistake...it's a great vehicle & i'm not looking back. fun to drive, user friendly, "great" rear door opening to the side instead of up..excellent for everything, easy access!

lexus gx470
By sof50 on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

great car, very plush, pleasure to drive.

Front end shimmy
By Bill Mclaughlin on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car for the safety & reliability for my pregnant wife. Immediately after picking it up I noticed a significant shimmy at 60-65 mph. I have had it back twice to the dealer and it has not been corrected. Watertown Lexus has told me it been occuring to some of the GX470's. Lexus Customer Satisfaction has been no help solving this issue. I am pursuing this & if they fail to fix it this 3rd time I will pursue the lemon law. At this point I am very dissapointed with Lexus,the dealer and the vehicle, and would not recommend the GX470 as I feel the shimmy is significant enough where it could render the vehicle unsafe in certain conditions.