2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (110 reviews )
ALL WEATHER
By SOBHI on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

DID HAVE TO DRIVE THE CAR IN A HEAVY RAIN STORM REABILITY SECOND TO NONE EXCELLENT ROAD HANDLING

Stuck in Fresno with a GX
By Stuck With a GX on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Our fully loaded GX was delivered and we Loved it. However we learned of a few flaws that were not traditionally Lexus.( See Improvements) NOISE & VIBRATION at 50+ mph and Fan Clutch noise. I suspect the next year model to address these issues. Problem is NOBODY WILL WANT MY USED GX then. Quite Unhappy

GX 470 in a class of its own
By Mrs Sinha on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The lexus GX 470 drives like a dream. It has all the features that you would want with an SUV at the same time feels like a car. Excellent Mark Levinson system. We love the SUV, it fits our family needs. It's a very fun vehicle and we enjoy it very much.

GX470TheUltimateLUV
By CharlesBettertown on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

After shopping around for months for the ultimate Luxury Utility Vehicle, I came to the conclusion that the new Lexus GX 470 is it for me. I wanted to enjoy the well-known advantages of owning a Lexus including the award- winning customer satisfaction and high resale value but I didn't want just another one of the tens of thousands of RX 300's and the LX 470, while truly exceptional in just about every way, did not seem worth the extra $20,000. Driving down curvy mountain roads near Sedona in the GX 470 was as exciting and thrilling as downhill skiing!

First Lexus
By Gary Yoshonis on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is our first Luxury Car. Previously we owned two Expeditions and an Explorer. This time we wanted somethng to take into retirement. I couldnt be happier with the comfort and grace this vehicle gives to us. Not a squeak or rattle (knock on wood) and no recalls or problems with the dealer.

Full Family
By barrett on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife and I decided to trade in our suburban. We looked at several SUV's, including a fully loaded Suburban, but as soon as we drove the GX we knew that it was just a matter of color. This SUV provides as quite and smooth a ride as our Lexus GS sedan. It was much better than the Suburban or Lincoln Navigator. My family of 5 easily fits into the GX with room to spare. So, if you can give up the room of the Suburban, I highly recommend the GX.

My best driving experience ever
By rbkencar on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

You'd feel comfort, luxury and safety once you get on driver's seat. You sense you're surrounded by a solid, protective shield . . and that you are in for a smooth, powerful yet quiet ride. This was how I felt when I test drove the GX 47. (I rated it better compared to similar test drive with MB ML, 320 and 500). But back to my GX 470. The actual driving experience proved even more exhilirating. I have never felt so cool driving 400 miles each way ever. Why? Driving 70-75 mph was a breeze and accelerating to pass those semis was no sweat. The GX 490 is indeed my best driving experience ever.

Ok, not what I expected
By Doug Reynolds on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I compared the GX with the Volvo XC90 but chose the Lexus due to immediate availability. It drives nice, but I've had vibration issues at highway speeds that the dealer cannot replicate, the flip-up seats rattle, and the transmission slips and hesitates occasionaly. Maybe I should have bought the Volvo...

great car
By john122485 on 05/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

great car, reliable, quiet, great handling, but it could use more horsepower for a v-8.

Everything is Excellent - Except....
By azrick on 05/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

What a great car. Already own an LS and thought the GX would be a great addition. As usual, the car is a great Lexus product, but they should have continued the thought process on the last 6 feet of this vehicle. The rear door is terrible. The way that you have to manually lift up the third row seats is something you would find in a $10,000.00 SUV. The head rests are so big, you can't recline them and move the seats behind. Using a strap to hold the third row seats up is also a bit cheap, inconvenient and un- imaginative. Come on Lexus, you have an absolute 10 if you would fix these problems. Everything else, perfect!!