2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (110 reviews )
Got A Good One
By scottb on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Worried about vibration problem, but test drive before taking delivery eliminated as an issue. First time Lexus buyer; currently own 2 BMWs. Almost bought X5, but quality issues steered me away. Glad I chose the GX470 - head and shoulders better than X5.

Awesome
By Dw4653 on 08/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had the RX300 before this, and to believe that the GX470 is twice the car is an understatement. It is truely an amazing car.

Great Car Overall
By fairnxqure on 08/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Almost bought a ML500, glad we didn't! Dealership experience was good -- no high pressure, only professional salesmanship. Car is REALLY comfortable fun to drive! Killer navi system -- voice input and touch screen features are awesome compare to ML500's little joy stick thingy. Not too cracy about the swing-out back door at first, but actually like it now since we only use the 3rd roll seat for 1 person (my teenage kid) and he uses the back door for access so that he doesn't have to mess with the 2nd roll seat.

Another Lexus in the Family
By LS-nowGX on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Got this Lexus loaded with every option except the Lexus Link - heard there were problems with that!!! We hope to own this as long as we still own our LS which is a 93. I know Lexus can make cars that get good fuel economy - why does this only get 15 city and 18 highway.

Luxury Ute
By bc on 08/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Talk about a luxury vehicle! This is the first Lexus I've owned and I'm very impressed. I like the fact that there was only 3 main options to this and everything else was standard. It made shopping for this so much easier.

Lexus GX470
By KCS on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful car, easy and comfortable to drive. Should have put in the back up camera and given additional color selections. I am sold on Lexus and if I traded it in, it would only to get anything new they add to the newer models. It is a beautiful vehicle.

Love it!
By geno on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We use our vehcle both for extensive highway as well as dirt road driving. With the number of options avaiable for ride, vehicle height and severe driving condition contingencies, this SUV has it all. Its ruggedness and durability, coupled with incredible interior accoutrements make for the perfect "country gentleperson's" all- purpose vehicle.

I Love This Vehicle
By G Conti on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This SUV is the best! The NAV system is awesome. Interior and exterior are flawless. I am so happy with my purchase!

lexus gx 470- this female loves it!
By k. giancarlo on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The smooth comfort of the ride , especially for its size, is a huge reason I'm driving this SUV. It's comfortable, luxorious and versatile. It's everything we want in a family vehichle for the four of us, 3 of whom are big, tall guys who often are transporting sports gear.

Lexus 470 GX
By Chris Reese on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very smooth and quiet ride for an SUV. Perhaps the most sylish SUV on the road to date. Audio system is superb in this vehicle. Navigation system is very helpful especially in unfamiliar urban setteings.