2003 Lexus GX 470 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (110 reviews )
Lexus BX470
By ivy on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I LOVE IT! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT AND IT SITS NICE AND HIGH, SO YOU CAN SEE ALL AROUND

I love this SUV!!!
By JLP on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We drove several luxury cars and SUV's before purchasing the Lexus GX470. When it comes to true luxury you have to go with Lexus. I have found nothing that I didn't like about this SUV. The only negative would be the price but it's well worth it!!!

Head Turner
By RLSW on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

So far so good. The GX470 has a great look, and even better performance. Smooth quiet ride and surprisingly easy to manuever thru city traffic. The only glitch I have found is the mirrors tend "forget" the drivers side memory when taking the car out of reverse.

Quite Pleased
By 4 time lexus owner on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I am quite pleased with GX 470 I purchased in late July. My Blizzard Pearl GX has turned several heads. I haven't seen this clor as of yet on the road or at any other local dealerships as of yet. However, I plan to trade in my 2003 for a 2004 because I just can't live with the after market installed DVD system. I will definately get the factory DVD this time. The current system doesn't take full advantage of the factory installed features like the Mark Levenson system or the factory installed system integration. The backup camera in the 2004 will be a blessing.

Pa review
By gray on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

So a wonderful vehicle to drive...no problems or issues.

Great Car
By Zooma on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fun and easy to drive.

Don't Believe The J.D. Power Report
By tlwpb on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best SUV I had drive, I've test drive the MDX, ML320, FX45, before buying the GX470. This SUV is very smooth, quiet, and powerful, and the quality is the best compare to other SUV's company. Recently, I have checked the J.D. Power wed site about the GX470 rating, and I believe they have made a big mistake in rating this automobile or the people that do the evaulation did do it right! So, don't believe every thing you read or see.

Get Rid of that Barn Door!!!
By Looking for waves on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My wife loves the barn door, its her car, but come on Japan, you didn't research the barn door enough. It is completly unpractical for America/Americans - you should only offer it in other countries. I can give you 20 plus examples why it is a poor design. The salesman said it was for saftey, I just laughed and said it was the biggest line of BS a guy has ever said to my face. If you can get over the BARNDOOR, this car offer sooo much more than all the competitors, the MB looks like a minivan/mailvan, the BMW doesn't even compare (it does in my opinion have the best rear door, Bring back the tailgate!!!!!!!) and the Volvo is an underpowered joke.

I made the right decision.
By Julie C on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my GX. I reluctantly traded in my RX (which also was a great car) because I wanted a little larger vehicle. I am so glad I did. It drives like a dream. I highly recomend this vehicle.

Great vehicle, good value.
By Ist time Lexus Owner on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought the GX after looking at the Cayenne and the BMW. Better deal for the money; quality is better. Ride is stiff over heavy bumps in the rear, but the ride and cabin quiet is typical Lexus excellent quality. Engine is adequate for the vehicle; interior appointments are high quality. The rear door looks goofy and is impractical, particularly when towing our trailer. Stereo is excellent, and the nav system is very well-designed and easy to use. I like the size of the shifter, but there should be more of a gate between D and 4. Overall it's a great vehicle; great size, good power, great quality.