2003 Lexus GX-470
By Daver on
2003 Lexus GX 470 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)
My new Lexus GX-470 is an amazing automobile to drive and own. It was purchased 1 month ago. I have driven a Lincoln Nav. for the past 4 years as well as a complete test, or comparison of the new Aviator. Although it is not fair to compare the GX-470 to a Nav., I found that in my complete comparison with the Aviator, among other SUV's, driving the Lexus, in all modes, was like riding on air, not to mention the silence inside while in operation. It is extremely difficult to tell if the GX's motor is engaged, as there is no residual noise whatsoever. Although it is an SUV, it rides more like a luxury car. It is an amazing driving experience.
Favorite Features
Without a doubt, the ride, luxurious features, and cabin silence were my first favorite features and impressions. Just holding the steering wheel and feel of solid build, was enough to become my most impressionable experiences which aided in my decision to purchase it.
Suggested Improvements
I feel that the GX-470 lacks storage areas for the driver and passenger. Too many well designed cup holders took up the space that could have been used for driver storage and accessability. Clearcoat paint finish is lacking as well.