2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.7L V8 4x4 5-speed Automatic - (110 reviews )
An Excellent Vehicle
By MichaelSkis on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Our family just bought a brand new black GX 470 - fully loaded. We love it. The comfort is more than we could have ever asked for and the ride....you might as well be on a plane, it feels like you are flying.

Great SUV!
By nydriver3 on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It drives like a Lexus sedan! Quiet and refined but fun as well. Nice pickup for such a big car especially off the line. An absolutely gorgeous interior. It's like getting the LX for 15K off.

Excellent Luxury SUV
By cclewis1 on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car has it all, and with Lexus great leasing program the cost is kept down. The only downside is the on board computer system, which requires a couple of hours of studying the manual to learn.

GX 470 is awsome
By AWESOME GX on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just purchased the GX and LOVE it. It is a mini LX with all the luxury and more. We purchased the fully loaded package with navigation and dvd, they are both wonderful! The car drives like a dream and you can actually park in a real parking spot with out a problem. LEXUS is one nice ride! It handles great. I don't know why anyone would choose the LX or any other luxury SUV. I tried to give the LX a shot, I just couldn't justify the 10K price difference for the same SUV that is only "inches" different. I also tried every other new and improved SUV on the market, the GX blows them all away....unless, of course, you don't need the luxury...then go for a truck.

Great LUV
By bjsgx on 01/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Lexus GX 470 is a NICE Luxury Sports Utility. I have found no faults with it. Sure I got a few options I didn't need, but the resal value will be there for someone who does need them. Fantastic LUV!

A Great Experience
By bobemac on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just got rid of my Acura MDX Touring. Paid over MSRP for it in 2001. The GX's interior is far superior to the MDX. The GX includes full sized lighted running boards, a full sized spare Bridgestone Dueller tires. Wood and leather steering wheel is std. The Dealer was very fair, and gave a nice discount. Purchased a std model with a rear spoiler, two seat for $3.5 K more than an MDX. This is a great SUV, but don't try to follow me off-road in your MDX, you wouldn't make it.

Hard to find a better car
By GX470_Owner on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It's not quite perfect, but it's close. You'll like the ride and handling. Turning radius is much smaller than the RX300. For my taste, too many buttons to push since they use the navigation display for HVAC and Radio. Touch panel for everything is too distracting and inefficient. The back door swings WIDE. I believe the hinge is on the right side for parking lot use, but on the wrong side when street parking. It's tough to find a good place to mount the hand free telephone equipment so that it's easy to use yet not block other controls. Headlights work especially well when travelling down dark country roads. High beams really have a long throw.

sam's car
By samm on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Lexus GX is a fabulous SUV. The ride is exceedingly smooth and comfortable. The interior is beautifully designed. Everything, including a lot of cup holders, are where one would want things placed on the interior. The side opening back door is heaven sent for easy access to the cargo area. No more struggling to lift up heavy doors. The third row of seats are incredibly smooth and easy to put up and down. This is a great family car while treating the driver to a lot more driving fun than most SUV's will ever offer. And the new dark blue color that the GX is offered in, is a real head turner!

I am glad I bought GX470
By WLu on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was debating between GX and LX. Ended up getting the GX! It is a nice car and feels very modern compared to the LX that feels just a bit dated. The performance and gas milage is excellent for a truck this size.

Test drive
By irish on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Lexus GX 470 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I only test drove this truck. I own a 99 LX. Everything was great about this truck except the handling. On the freeway it was a bit loose. The 3rd row seating is comfortable.