2016 Lexus GX 460 SUV Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Lexus GX 460 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GX 460 model:

GX is great
By Dave

2016 Lexus GX 460 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is our third GX. Our '04 GX 470 had almost 200k miles. It's cooling pipe went bust on the freeway, by the time we pulled to the next exit it over heated. It ran another 6 months afterwards before we sold it to CarMax. We bought the new '15 GX and it was totaled a month later after being rear ended by a careless driver. The frame buckled and the rear bumper had the guys front end imprinted on it. I was able to walk away with only a stiff neck.. the other driver had a fractured jaw, broken arm and leg and ribs. The GX saved my live. We bought our third GX a few weeks later. This is a heavy traditional SUV, the acceleration is measured and "stately". Fuel economy is in the high teens, not bad for this type of vehicle. Handling is good if you get used to the truckiness. On the freeway, it is stable and quiet. It's not the quickest, but it does get to 80 to 90 mph before you know it. The only complains I have is the poor placement of the two USB ports in the center console. When plugged in, the sliding hatch cover have to be open. And there are no power ports for the 2'nd row. It got a little irritation having to charge the Kids' ipads on long trips. The Lexus roof rack cross bars are nice looking, however, they sit too close to the roof making tying down cargo a bit difficult. also you need a Torx key to move them. I liked the old GX's roof rack, with plenty of tie in points to strap your cargo.

This Is My Second Lexus GX
By Patrick

2016 Lexus GX 460 SUV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Drove a 2006 Lexus GX for 10 years and 130,000 miles. Not one problem from the day I drove it off the dealer's lot. In August 2016 I purchased a new 2016 GX 460. It is a solid car; extremely quiet and the workmanship is high quality. Very pleased with it. I looked a numerous SUVs ( not crossovers ) and kept coming back to the Lexus GX. For the money it is a good value. Anticipate driving this one for another 10 years.

Expedition Downsizing
By Ron

2016 Lexus GX 460 SUV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We have been a Ford Expedition family for years and they served us well hauling boats, kids to sporting events, vacations, moving, weddings etc. We were looking for a new expedition and noticed that the power options were limited to 6cyl eco boost. Apparently Ford decided to do away with 5.4 V8. Too bad. We looked at all of the other domestic Suv's and nothing really hit us. By chance we stopped into the Lexus dealership and noticed the GX460.Granted it's not as big as the Expedition but the kids are all married. The ride is firm solid yet refined and in, many ways better that my exp. Fit n finish is excellent . The overall driving experience is second to none. Acceleration is strong and reliable.We still tow the Whaler and it does it with ease and I have no regrets. After 1000miles we re getting 21.8mpg combined while getting 23 highway. We have not seen or experienced the concerns/issues of prior reviewers. It's an excellent Truck!

Best most comfortable suv
By Ramiro garcia

2016 Lexus GX 460 SUV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

It is very comfortable and quiet.

My 1st Lexus
By Paula

2016 Lexus GX 460 SUV Luxury 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I love this car! For all the complaints listed in the Edmunds rating, I'm not finding them to be true. I will definitely be buying another in the future.