Best all around utility for road and off road.
By sworks1 on
2013 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)
In the last 3 years I have owned the Q7 tdi, BMW X5 disel, Acura MDX 2014. I avoided the GX the last two years due to the camry fascia they put on the truck but for this year they changed it to their new F grills. I can tell you right now out of the listed SUV the lexus handles just like the BMW X5 without the stiff steering and suspension with KDSS standard. I have the premium model. The new MDX for 2014 lost the magnetic shocks that I used to love and was absolutely horrible I drove it for 2 months and traded it for a loss to get into the GX. The 2014 MDX had very bad body lean in corners the famous user interface has been butchered by Acura and was awful. GX interface is perfect.
Favorite Features
The KDSS equipped GX is a pleasure to drive, steering is sharp hardly any body lean into the corners. User interface with touch screen is very easy to use and fast. Air cooled seats are a must. With the GX I am not afraid to go off road for moutain biking or exploring like I was with the BMW X5, Audi and Acura MDX. Front seat storage was the best of the all vehicle listed with plenty of center storage and map compartments. Cup holders that work and put in the right place. Plenty of cargo storage with three rows put down. Standard with Tow package and eletronics for towing trailors. Love the LED head lights, accent lights and fog lights.
Suggested Improvements
Get rid of the Barn door and go back to a traditional vertical rear hatch door. Keep everything else the same.