2011 Lexus GX 460 Consumer Review: GX 460, please do not buy

2011 Lexus GX 460 SUV - Consumer Review

GX 460, please do not buy
By iowa80 on

2011 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I had old model, GX470 for 8 years and I purchased new GX460 expecting better. But it was my big mistake. New GX460 is larger, heavier SUV, but Lexus engineers put smaller engine. It is so underpowered and I have hard time to go up hills to my home and afraid to pass any car in the freeway. My son has refused to drive this SUV because too dangerous to pass any car in highways and handling is so poor in the California mountain highways. I am ready to return this SUV if Lexus take it back. I know why Lexus sales are going down. Their design skills are so poor in many items and need vast improvement.

Interior finish is fairly good and reliability is good. However outside style is not sporty.

Body style is ugly,boxy and old. Badly underpowered. Engine/Transmission noise and poor design. Cruise control is not working well. Very poor handling and danger to drive to mountains. Trunk is to high to load any luggage or golf clubs.