2011 Lexus GX 460 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GX 460 model:
Great new features over the 2004 if they worked
By haultj on 07/09/14 13:52 PM (PDT)

2011 Lexus GX 460 SUV Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2004 GX470 for this in March of 2011. I have been driving this every day and on some vacation trips. Overall it is a comfortable vehicle to drive and has all of the new toys including the Mark Levinson audio. I had the Mark Levinson in my previous and both sound amazing. I have driven both in rough terrain and in bad weather. I prefer the 04 for handling over the 11 because the 11 feels more sloppy in the turns. The 11 also drinks more fuel than my 04. My biggest complaint is the poor functionality of the voice controls. Lexus has refused to resolve this and said that without error codes in a log, they will do nothing more. Perforated leather was a bad choice.

Comfortable but No Soul
By ponch on 03/23/14 18:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Lexus GX 460 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is a quality vehicle with nice features. I could not believe how comfortable the driving position was and how smoothly it drove around town. However, I ended up trading out of it for the following reasons. 1) It LABORS on the highway and is a tiring ride on long trips. 2) It feels unnecessarily big 3) The NAV and iPod systems are annoying 4) It chugs gas making you ask the question, "Do I really need this vehicle?" 5) Overall, this is a very pretty vehicle, but it has no soul. If you absolutely need a USEFUL 3rd row and you don't care about sending your college savings $$ to the Middle East, then this vehicle might be for you. Otherwise, I would absolutely recommend a BMW X5.

Still the best on the road!
By ccdcn on 11/08/12 13:22 PM (PST)

2011 Lexus GX 460 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

we traded in our 2009 470 for the 2011 460 and have had it for over 1 year. It still performs and rides as it did the day we drove it off the showroom. Quiet, smooth acceleration, a 500 mile trip is just a smooth ride - no back ache or sore muscles. I have owned a 4 runner and anyone who compares that to a 460 doesnt know what they are talking about. Great vehicle highly recommend it -

2nd GX...
By bobbio56 on 08/27/11 02:54 AM (PDT)

2011 Lexus GX 460 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Traded loaded '04 with 119k miles for '11. The '11 is much more refined, smoother and more tech'ed savvy. Mileage for first 1400 miles has been at least a 25% improvement. 3rd row seats are easy to use. Very quiet and stable at all speeds. Cooled front seats are great. Kinetic suspension performs really well, had that on my '04 as an option. blue tooth phone quality is excellent, voice commands for all functions is sub par. Paint quality is a vast improvement over '04! Looked at every suv & crossover out there and came back to Lexus/GX.

Great Purchase!
By csmith37 on 07/09/11 09:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Lexus GX 460 SUV Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We couldn't be happier with this purchase. When you buy a Lexus, you know it's going to be pricey, but you also know it's going to be outstanding in its quality. Although it's big, you don't feel like you're driving a bus like some of the others SUVs. Of course, the gas mileage is not ideal, but you know that going into buying any large SUV. This is our first Lexus, but I have a feeling it won't be our last!

Top Notch SUV
By cma11 on 07/08/11 09:28 AM (PDT)

2011 Lexus GX 460 SUV Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Lexus did no disappoint with this SUV. It's sleek exterior is impressive while the interior stands above the rest in its class. We expected luxury with a bit of sportiness and this fit exactly that! The GX drives smoothly even with its size, which you usually don't get with SUVs. It always helps to know that this car's reliability ratings were excellent...which is what you expect with purchasing a Lexus.

GX 460, please do not buy
By iowa80 on 06/22/11 22:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Lexus GX 460 SUV Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I had old model, GX470 for 8 years and I purchased new GX460 expecting better. But it was my big mistake. New GX460 is larger, heavier SUV, but Lexus engineers put smaller engine. It is so underpowered and I have hard time to go up hills to my home and afraid to pass any car in the freeway. My son has refused to drive this SUV because too dangerous to pass any car in highways and handling is so poor in the California mountain highways. I am ready to return this SUV if Lexus take it back. I know why Lexus sales are going down. Their design skills are so poor in many items and need vast improvement.

Fail Lexus, The Buick of Japanese Automakers
By tazdevl on 05/30/11 16:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Lexus GX 460 SUV Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Lexus. In hindsight I should have bought something else. I don't know if I'll buy another one. Lexus has gotten complacent and are seeing declining sales for this very reason. They had an opportunity to improve the GX470. Instead they have made a series of poor design decisions and dropped the ball on acceptance criteria which resulted in a subpar and dated product making it to market right out of the gate. Couple examples and it gets worse. 2010 RX350 has compass in mirror, offroad SUV does not. Have to use remote to turn on rear ent, no way via nav. Lexus needs to respond to complaints and do something, instead of just giving lip service. No longer the Lexus of old.

A Toyota 4 Runner disguised as a Lexus
By gardenia1 on 03/20/11 23:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Lexus GX 460 SUV Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I sold my 2010 Range Rover because of reliability issues and leased a 2011 Lexus GX 460 because everyone said it was one of the most reliable car brands. This may be true but this SUV feels very top heavy and the rear end has swung out on tight turns at higher speeds. This is a very uncomfortable feeling for an SUV that I assumed put safety first. The interior is not as luxurious as you might expect from Lexus and definitely not as nice as the 2003-2009 generation of this model (my friend has an 08'). The styling is bland as bland can be...it closely resembles the 2011 Toyota 4 Runner both inside and out. Radio and phone controls clumsy and confusing, interior looks and feels cheap.

Finally in love with my car
By 3X GX owner on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Lexus GX 460 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I bought '03 and '07 GXs because it was the smallest vehicle that qualified for the extra tax write off for small business owners. I was never thrilled with the vehicles, but stuck with it for the tax advantage. Now I'm in a 2011GX and can finally say "I love my car". Some of the things that bugged me the most about my others have been corrected (see my favorite features). GPS & voice recognition are greatly improved over the old one. Bluetooth clarity is much better. I'm a little OCD so I love being able to close up my Ipod, cover the radio, close the cup holders, fold rear seats, etc. It gives the interior a nice uncluttered look. De-icer will come in handy as well this winter.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Lexus GX 460 Suv in VA is:

$121 per month*