2011 Lexus GX 460 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Comfortable but No Soul
By ponch

2011 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is a quality vehicle with nice features. I could not believe how comfortable the driving position was and how smoothly it drove around town. However, I ended up trading out of it for the following reasons. 1) It LABORS on the highway and is a tiring ride on long trips. 2) It feels unnecessarily big 3) The NAV and iPod systems are annoying 4) It chugs gas making you ask the question, "Do I really need this vehicle?" 5) Overall, this is a very pretty vehicle, but it has no soul. If you absolutely need a USEFUL 3rd row and you don't care about sending your college savings $$ to the Middle East, then this vehicle might be for you. Otherwise, I would absolutely recommend a BMW X5.

Favorite Features

Comfortable Seats, Back-up camera, Overall expensive feeling cockpit.

Suggested Improvements

Needs an friendlier iPod and NAV interaction. Very tedious. Needs better fuel economy. Should feel greater thrust on freeway and should hold lane with tighter steering and confidence and not give you that floaty, trucky feel.

Still the best on the road!
By ccdcn

2011 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

we traded in our 2009 470 for the 2011 460 and have had it for over 1 year. It still performs and rides as it did the day we drove it off the showroom. Quiet, smooth acceleration, a 500 mile trip is just a smooth ride - no back ache or sore muscles. I have owned a 4 runner and anyone who compares that to a 460 doesnt know what they are talking about. Great vehicle highly recommend it -

Favorite Features

seat comfort - driving on long trips - highway performance is effortless - hard to stay within the speed limit

Suggested Improvements

none

2nd GX...
By bobbio56

2011 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Traded loaded '04 with 119k miles for '11. The '11 is much more refined, smoother and more tech'ed savvy. Mileage for first 1400 miles has been at least a 25% improvement. 3rd row seats are easy to use. Very quiet and stable at all speeds. Cooled front seats are great. Kinetic suspension performs really well, had that on my '04 as an option. blue tooth phone quality is excellent, voice commands for all functions is sub par. Paint quality is a vast improvement over '04! Looked at every suv & crossover out there and came back to Lexus/GX.

Favorite Features

Ventilated seats Keyless everything Ventilation system Power 3rd row Center console storage USB port Bluetooth reception

Suggested Improvements

More power outlets More Ambient Lighting Bigger individual options list

Finally in love with my car
By 3X GX owner

2011 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I bought '03 and '07 GXs because it was the smallest vehicle that qualified for the extra tax write off for small business owners. I was never thrilled with the vehicles, but stuck with it for the tax advantage. Now I'm in a 2011GX and can finally say "I love my car". Some of the things that bugged me the most about my others have been corrected (see my favorite features). GPS & voice recognition are greatly improved over the old one. Bluetooth clarity is much better. I'm a little OCD so I love being able to close up my Ipod, cover the radio, close the cup holders, fold rear seats, etc. It gives the interior a nice uncluttered look. De-icer will come in handy as well this winter.

Favorite Features

Ipod interface, cooled seats, electronic folding side mirrors, satellite radio, add'l cup holders in front doors, coin tray in main storage compartment,touch screen with options for customizing just about everything on the vehicle, folding rear seats

Suggested Improvements

The one thing I would still change is to have the rear door open up, not out but at least you can open the rear window. More storage would also be nice. The exterior looks like a Toyota - nothing to get excited over. I miss being able to see the temperature - have to switch to the climate screen now