Used 2010 Lexus GX 460 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GX 460 model:

SUV of 2010
By Thuan

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2006 GX470 for the new GX460 Premium (White/tan) on Aug 7, 2010. The car has every option added, including the factory chrome wheels. Compared with my loaded GX470 it's by far better, smoother, comfortable and very quite on the highway. I didn't have any problem with wind noise. Other reviews had stated the wind noise problem but I didn't get it on my GX460 at all. Highly recommended with Premium package because of all the convenience options that come with it. Before buying this car, I test drove the X5, Porsche, Mercedes GL450, Escalade and Lincoln Navigator and then decide for yourself. The GX460 drive it to believe it.

Favorite Features

Electronic options are easy to use. Navigation. Rear Entertainment system

Suggested Improvements

Sport bumper make it available for the GX460.? All weather floor mats?

Best SUV I ever had
By esteier

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I got Base model with most options, couldn't be happier. So far only problem I have is either it needs wheel alignment or tires need air adjustment. It is quiet, luxurious and very comfortable. I am getting used to truck like feeling compared to BMW and Acura SUV I had before. My kids love this SUV.

Favorite Features

I phone/I pod integration, Quiet smooth ride, refined interior

Suggested Improvements

Base model has no door/Body molding and from outside it looks more like a 4 Runner, More horse power

Great SUV with only two complaints
By VN

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Great combination of luxury and utility. Typical Lexus build quality and reliability. Very comfortable ride particularly for a truck based SUV. Not the most fun to drive (also typical Lexus). My Acura MDX is much more sporty. Has just about every gadget/amenity you could ask for and some that you do not need (heated steering wheel?) Not a lot of cargo space for a midsized SUV. Average to poor gas mileage for a vehicle of this size. I also have noticed some issues with the engine suddenly revving up 1000 or so rpm when using the cruise control when heading uphill to try and maintain the speed. Anyone else had this issue?

Favorite Features

Plush ride, Bluetooth integration with cell phone and ipods, Lexus reliability, craftsmanship, and safety.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage, larger cargo area, smoother cruise control (maybe it is just mine). Any one else have this issue?

3rd Lexus GX
By Mark

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This luxury SUV is as advertised. Smooth ride, outstanding quality, safe and great projected resale value. Significant improvements on almost every element of the 2010 GX. Road manners are superb! Handling is very good for a larger SUV. Availability of color and model combinations is very limited.

Favorite Features

Electronics,fit,finish,quality,interior layout,updated features, available interior colors and ride are superior. Ipod manager is superb. Premium exterior design is good. The projected safety ratings on this SUV are better than average. Visibility is great. Projected retained resale value outstanding

Suggested Improvements

Radio controls easy to hit with knee and are too low. Rear cargo door needs to open gate style and or flip down/or both. Fuel required is premium. 2nd row seat room too cramped. Vented seats offer marginal air flow. Exterior styling on base model is mundane and looks like the Highlander not upscale.

A Great SUV
By WS

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I previous had a '05 Lexus GX470 and find this SUV much improved in almost every way. I am completely satisfied with my ownership experience but find some of the plastics on the dash below Lexus standard. The engine is very smooth, quiet, and unexpectedly, this GX drives much sportier than the previous generation. I really enjoy the Bluetooth streaming audio and huge center console. Small details make this vehicle better every time I get in such as the whizzing motors of the windows/sunroof that slow to close and improved voice recognition software. I will most likely purchase another Lexus/Toyota product.

Favorite Features

Mark Levinson audio with multiple audio sources sounds great, Adaptive front headlights, soft leather still impresses friends when they get in, also fold flat rear seats

Suggested Improvements

Unlike any of the previous Lexus' I've had, the ambient temperature is not readily visible unless you switch to the climate control screen (annoying to me), I still find the rear "barn" door that swings open right annoying and would prefer a traditional tailgate