2010 Lexus GX 460 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GX 460 model:
GX 460 Trumps
By Lucas on 04/11/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was in the market for about 3 months, I looked at the Escalade, rovers, bmw's and the whole gamut of luxury SUV and then i returned back to Lexus. I had an ES 350 that was wrecked by a bad driver so I set out to find what I needed and wanted. After driving all the option I fell in love with the Lexus GX 460. When i sat in the GX I said out loud, "this is it" only to seal the deal with a test drive. You might get another car that has more bling or another feature that you might want but you will never find a car that can take on the GX 460 in its entirety. This car drives like a sports car in sport mode with the tap shift and drives like a cloud when on comfort mode. I never looked back.

Great Vehicle!
By Denny on 04/09/10 20:14 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my Lexus GX 470 and couldn't be happier. Many small issues have been eliminated, by provision of bottle holders in the doors, folding mirrors for entering the garage, better console storage,better arm rests, fold down third row seats, supple leather, and vastly improved road noise reduction. The interior is luxurious. The 460 has lots of power and a very smooth ride, much softer than the 470. Exterior styling is more Toyota than Lexus but still looks sharp. Agree that body side moldings could dress it up a little. It definitely has a rugged but luxurious feel to it.

Lexus Finess at it's best!
By Steve on 03/05/10 22:21 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I test drove them all (Mercedes,BMW,Land Rover,etc) before purchasing my GX 460 hands down it is the best luxury SUV available today overall all things considered. The competition has its pluses but the GX 460 is the total package. With regard to the exterior styling it is not a Bling Mobile; the GX is the perfect vehicle for the “Stealthy Wealthy” all the good stuff is on the inside where it really counts Lexus knows who their customers are! Incredible ride (very close to LS 460 smoothness), stunning interior, extremely capable (more so then most will ever need) and out of this world easy to use technology. I love its relatively low key statue/styling; the standard sound system is amazing.

Great Car With Some Minor Exceptions
By Scott on 03/03/10 14:16 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After reading the other reviews there isn't much to contribute other than I really am enjoying this car. The only objection I have with it is that it doesn't come with the body side molding on the non- Premium edition. I think it looks rather plain with out it, but I am currently researching how to get it. The other minor objection I have is the amount of plastic used in the cockpit.....TOO MUCH. It still has a very warm and inviting feeling, the instruments are well displayed and everything works great. The plastic used in the armrest makes me think it will break soon. Hopefully it will be covered under warranty if it does.

A Man's Truck
By tdijohn on 03/03/10 13:34 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

A luxury SUV that was designed for the guys instead of the wife. Guys...if you love driving a 4wd truck, but want all of the luxury of the best sedans but without feeling like it's for a suburban mom, this is the truck for you.

Very Nice
By Jim on 02/23/10 20:55 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The interior is first class and the electronic features are sophisticated yet easy to use. The ride, handling, and power on this suv is incredible. An average sized person will be cramped in the 3rd row seat but there is more room in this suv than the other luxury midsize suv's. I'm not thrilled with the exterior design but I also didn't care much for the other models out there right now.

Amazing!
By Ben on 02/23/10 10:00 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I had a lexus ES 350 and traded it in for the new GX. Not kidding, this vehicle is quieter and smoother then my 07 ES. The outside is starting to grow on me, but the interior is perfect. I have been test driving and researching for over a year and came back to the comfort,reliability and luxery Lexus gives its customers for the price. The 3rd row is pretty much useless however, with it folding down flat, its not an issue for me.

Great Ride!
By Jeff on 02/21/10 20:34 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Simply the smoothest riding SUV I have ever drove. The power is not out of this world but good enough, after all it is an SUV not a race car. Inside it is almost perfect with the normal Lexus luxury's and although the 3rd row could be larger, I love the fact that it electronically folds down. The Sepia leather color is simply stunning. Bottom line, I test drove an Audi Q7, a BMW X5, and an Acura MDX before purchasing the GX 460 and none of them even came close.

Very good SUV
By smgebg on 02/07/10 08:54 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased this SUV a few weeks ago. We probably are still breaking in the engine but currently the gas mileage is 13mpg. Outstanding interior and exterior quality. Feels sort of "trucky" with the engine growling to accelerate and reach speed, as well as the ride (bouncy).

Love it
By Adrian on 02/02/10 13:33 PM (PST)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned a few SUVs, but this has to be the best experience ever. The ride is solid and smooth, the suspension is sporty without being too hard. I average about 19MPG (incl. city driving) primarily because i pay attention to the "eco" mode on the dashboard which has affected my driving behavior (slower acceleration, etc). It is fast and has quick acceleration. Occasionally in taking sharp turns at higher speeds, there is a sense of top- heaviness but no concern for roll- over.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.