Used 2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific GX 460 model:

Acceleration
By Russ

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had the same issued since the date of purchase. From a stop when you accelerate the vehicle has a stall or hesitation for 2 or 3 seconds. This does not occur every time thus creates a problem for Lexus. I have complained to Lexus and gone through the hearing process which is a waste of time. The representatives from Lexus and the hearing panel drove the vehicle across the street from the hotel and around the Costco parking lot and said the vehicle did not demonstrate a problem. The vehicle has a problem!

Operating the vehicle above 25 miles per hour.

Lexus needs to own up to the fact that the vehicle has a problem and correct it!

Same problem
By cemiliano

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I am having the same problem that the last person's review (Mr Sylvester). Sometimes, when I am in a stop light, and I want to accelerate quickly, the car does not responds right away for a few seconds and this yes! Could cause an accident. I thought it was normal, but now I know I am not the only one with this problem and I will take it to Lexus dealership

Lexus quality

Fix the acceleration problem.

SUV of 2010
By Thuan

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2006 GX470 for the new GX460 Premium (White/tan) on Aug 7, 2010. The car has every option added, including the factory chrome wheels. Compared with my loaded GX470 it's by far better, smoother, comfortable and very quite on the highway. I didn't have any problem with wind noise. Other reviews had stated the wind noise problem but I didn't get it on my GX460 at all. Highly recommended with Premium package because of all the convenience options that come with it. Before buying this car, I test drove the X5, Porsche, Mercedes GL450, Escalade and Lincoln Navigator and then decide for yourself. The GX460 drive it to believe it.

Electronic options are easy to use. Navigation. Rear Entertainment system

Sport bumper make it available for the GX460.? All weather floor mats?

Great SUV with only two complaints
By VN

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Great combination of luxury and utility. Typical Lexus build quality and reliability. Very comfortable ride particularly for a truck based SUV. Not the most fun to drive (also typical Lexus). My Acura MDX is much more sporty. Has just about every gadget/amenity you could ask for and some that you do not need (heated steering wheel?) Not a lot of cargo space for a midsized SUV. Average to poor gas mileage for a vehicle of this size. I also have noticed some issues with the engine suddenly revving up 1000 or so rpm when using the cruise control when heading uphill to try and maintain the speed. Anyone else had this issue?

Plush ride, Bluetooth integration with cell phone and ipods, Lexus reliability, craftsmanship, and safety.

Better gas mileage, larger cargo area, smoother cruise control (maybe it is just mine). Any one else have this issue?

3rd Lexus GX
By Mark

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This luxury SUV is as advertised. Smooth ride, outstanding quality, safe and great projected resale value. Significant improvements on almost every element of the 2010 GX. Road manners are superb! Handling is very good for a larger SUV. Availability of color and model combinations is very limited.

Electronics,fit,finish,quality,interior layout,updated features, available interior colors and ride are superior. Ipod manager is superb. Premium exterior design is good. The projected safety ratings on this SUV are better than average. Visibility is great. Projected retained resale value outstanding

Radio controls easy to hit with knee and are too low. Rear cargo door needs to open gate style and or flip down/or both. Fuel required is premium. 2nd row seat room too cramped. Vented seats offer marginal air flow. Exterior styling on base model is mundane and looks like the Highlander not upscale.