2010 Lexus GX 460 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GX 460 model:
Acceleration
By Russ on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had the same issued since the date of purchase. From a stop when you accelerate the vehicle has a stall or hesitation for 2 or 3 seconds. This does not occur every time thus creates a problem for Lexus. I have complained to Lexus and gone through the hearing process which is a waste of time. The representatives from Lexus and the hearing panel drove the vehicle across the street from the hotel and around the Costco parking lot and said the vehicle did not demonstrate a problem. The vehicle has a problem!

Same problem
By cemiliano on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I am having the same problem that the last person's review (Mr Sylvester). Sometimes, when I am in a stop light, and I want to accelerate quickly, the car does not responds right away for a few seconds and this yes! Could cause an accident. I thought it was normal, but now I know I am not the only one with this problem and I will take it to Lexus dealership

SUV of 2010
By Thuan on 08/10/10 21:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2006 GX470 for the new GX460 Premium (White/tan) on Aug 7, 2010. The car has every option added, including the factory chrome wheels. Compared with my loaded GX470 it's by far better, smoother, comfortable and very quite on the highway. I didn't have any problem with wind noise. Other reviews had stated the wind noise problem but I didn't get it on my GX460 at all. Highly recommended with Premium package because of all the convenience options that come with it. Before buying this car, I test drove the X5, Porsche, Mercedes GL450, Escalade and Lincoln Navigator and then decide for yourself. The GX460 drive it to believe it.

Great SUV with only two complaints
By VN on 07/22/10 11:16 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Great combination of luxury and utility. Typical Lexus build quality and reliability. Very comfortable ride particularly for a truck based SUV. Not the most fun to drive (also typical Lexus). My Acura MDX is much more sporty. Has just about every gadget/amenity you could ask for and some that you do not need (heated steering wheel?) Not a lot of cargo space for a midsized SUV. Average to poor gas mileage for a vehicle of this size. I also have noticed some issues with the engine suddenly revving up 1000 or so rpm when using the cruise control when heading uphill to try and maintain the speed. Anyone else had this issue?

3rd Lexus GX
By Mark on 07/13/10 06:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This luxury SUV is as advertised. Smooth ride, outstanding quality, safe and great projected resale value. Significant improvements on almost every element of the 2010 GX. Road manners are superb! Handling is very good for a larger SUV. Availability of color and model combinations is very limited.

A Great SUV
By WS on 06/25/10 13:28 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I previous had a '05 Lexus GX470 and find this SUV much improved in almost every way. I am completely satisfied with my ownership experience but find some of the plastics on the dash below Lexus standard. The engine is very smooth, quiet, and unexpectedly, this GX drives much sportier than the previous generation. I really enjoy the Bluetooth streaming audio and huge center console. Small details make this vehicle better every time I get in such as the whizzing motors of the windows/sunroof that slow to close and improved voice recognition software. I will most likely purchase another Lexus/Toyota product.

Best SUV
By cemi03 on 06/08/10 11:49 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I usually don't write reviews, but this time I need to write one. I have had several suvs like Acura (had problems) mdx, Mercedes, and Audi (had problems), this Lexus gx is by far the best; very quiet, comfortable, smooth to drive etc. And sorry consumer report magazine, you won't stop people from buying the best quality cars "Lexus"

Best Luxury SUV In its Class
By asald on 05/27/10 13:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2010 Premium Edition with the rear DVD dual screens. Awesome SUV, test drove BMW X5, Suburban, Escalade, Mercedes and in the end the LEXUS won. Rear entertainment is definitely worth the price if you have kids, PlayStation hooks up very easily.

Your only choice
By KLAIR on 05/05/10 19:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had a GX 470 and sold it and special ordered a Premium GX 460 with every singel option available. I bought my GX on 4/29 with the software update and could not have asked for a better SUV.The fit and finish is superb and the GX is extremely quiet. I also drive a LS 460 and the sound system in the GX is very similar. I made a long distance trip to LA and back and got 22.5 mpg round trip at an average speed of 68 miles. the radar cruise control works excellent and HID's are excellent. If you need a world class SUV with features and comfort look no more get the GX 460

GX 460 Trumps
By Lucas on 04/11/10 14:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I was in the market for about 3 months, I looked at the Escalade, rovers, bmw's and the whole gamut of luxury SUV and then i returned back to Lexus. I had an ES 350 that was wrecked by a bad driver so I set out to find what I needed and wanted. After driving all the option I fell in love with the Lexus GX 460. When i sat in the GX I said out loud, "this is it" only to seal the deal with a test drive. You might get another car that has more bling or another feature that you might want but you will never find a car that can take on the GX 460 in its entirety. This car drives like a sports car in sport mode with the tap shift and drives like a cloud when on comfort mode. I never looked back.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus GX 460 in VA is:

$157 per month*