2010 Lexus GX 460 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GX 460 model:
2011 GX460 - Amazingly Inferior Sound System
By samga2011 on 02/27/11 09:17 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I listen to music occasionally, but do have a taste to distinguish between something that just makes sound vs something that sounds good. We just bought a new 2011 GX460, and unfortunately did not test the audio system using a standard quality recorded song before buying like my iPod or standard audio CD. Both my old sub 40k cars had fantastic music system compared to this. For the price we pay for this car, its amazing Lexus manages to get away with providing a third grade audio system. The sytem sounds horribly hollow or bassy at best, no matter how much you adjust the treble/mid/bass controls. I have complained to the dealer and they said they will give it a shot. Stay Tuned...

Avoid this truck
By Carsick on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Tested BMW x5, MDX, BM350 and RX350 and GX460 on local road, loved RX350 but went with Gx460 with regret not testing it on highway. Thought we will get roomier and more conformable ride than rx350 but got sea sick the first 50 miles driving it. This truck ride very bumpy and shakes on high way, it made us sick and dizzy (never had this problem). Be care if you have kids. Gas mileage is very poor not an ideal day to day car for the family, avoid it if you can. Traded in for a 2011 RX350 later and much happier now.

A poor excuse for a Lexus
By GX 460 on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd GX vehicle 05,08 and now a 10. This vehicle with all the hype about how this one was suppose to be the best. No power, very uncomfortable, when opening the door sounds very tinny and cheap. On a trip, seats are very thin when compared to the 05 and 08. Engine has no zip like previous models. I strongly recommend someone to check these items prior to purchasing.

SUV made us sick
By Sea_sick on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Avoid this truck-based SUV you if can. We tested drove GX470 were very happy with it. Bought this GX460 with regret not testing it on high-way. The dealer didn’t offer any help but a trade-in. The hash ride made us sea sick the first day! It bounces back and forth on local road and shakes on highway. The SUV feels solid same as the seat, they look good but are stiff. Love the NAV and interior color.

Love my GX 460!
By Mattiefeb on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I couldn't be happier! Everything about the gx460 is luxury and it's rated the most reliable in it's class. It's perfect! My kids love it, I love it, and hubby always finds an excuse to drive it. It's first class.

Lower back pain
By K.C. on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned 5 SUVs and this one is the most luxurious. I bought it thinking I would own it for several years. Unfortunately, the seat and ride are causing lower back pain. I even have the headrest turned backwards which looks ridiculous. MRI showed a bulging disc so this is no joke.

GX 460 review (already problems)
By Mr_Sylvester_79 on 08/26/10 15:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I like this vehicle, but there are problems with the acceleration after stopping and accelerating quickly. This is a safety problem if trying to accelerate quickly through an intersection, one can get into an accident. Lexus is addressing the issue, but do not believe this is safety issue because no accidents reported yet (although this is new + expensive vehicle). If there was not this safety issue, I would say that the small area for 3rd row is an issue and leg room for drivers side. It is build on 4runner chassis. The exterior and style look very nice. Just some fundamental issue

Very impressive fuel economy
By James Goren on 08/15/10 20:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The 460GX is an extremely comfortable vehicle, at highway speed is very quite and you can easily do 23 mpg, at the same speed my FJ (6 cylinders) was maybe capable of 20 mpg and my former H3 (5 cylinders) 18 in a perfect day! The acceleration is to say the list impressive and off road is as good as an FJ. The third row is pretty comfortable, accordingly to my passengers, if the second row is moved forward. The GPS is excellent and I enjoy the "air condition" seats. I agree that the back swing door is not easy to use, specially in town, but you can now open the back window. Overall is an excellent vehicle at least for now, 2,500 miles in 40 days.

Best SUV I ever had
By esteier on 08/07/10 20:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I got Base model with most options, couldn't be happier. So far only problem I have is either it needs wheel alignment or tires need air adjustment. It is quiet, luxurious and very comfortable. I am getting used to truck like feeling compared to BMW and Acura SUV I had before. My kids love this SUV.

Supper SUV
By minh banh on 06/22/10 15:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

What can I say, one of the best SUV from inside out. Anyone planning to purchase this, go ahead and do it. Don't be fooled by consumer report, one little thing they make it bigger. Lucky I am a first one got it on January 2010 and receive $500 off sticker window

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Lexus GX 460 in VA is:

$125 per month*