Used 2010 Lexus GX 460 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Lexus Gx-460 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Lexus GX 460

View reviews for a specific GX 460 model:

Most Helpful|
A poor excuse for a Lexus
By GX 460

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd GX vehicle 05,08 and now a 10. This vehicle with all the hype about how this one was suppose to be the best. No power, very uncomfortable, when opening the door sounds very tinny and cheap. On a trip, seats are very thin when compared to the 05 and 08. Engine has no zip like previous models. I strongly recommend someone to check these items prior to purchasing.

Favorite Features

Wish I had purchased the Mercedes like I had ordered and canceled in order to get the GX 460, thinking it would be better then the other two I was very happy with.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to older models and up grade to what you had in prior models.

2011 GX460 - Amazingly Inferior Sound System
By samga2011

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I listen to music occasionally, but do have a taste to distinguish between something that just makes sound vs something that sounds good. We just bought a new 2011 GX460, and unfortunately did not test the audio system using a standard quality recorded song before buying like my iPod or standard audio CD. Both my old sub 40k cars had fantastic music system compared to this. For the price we pay for this car, its amazing Lexus manages to get away with providing a third grade audio system. The sytem sounds horribly hollow or bassy at best, no matter how much you adjust the treble/mid/bass controls. I have complained to the dealer and they said they will give it a shot. Stay Tuned...

Favorite Features

Internal look and feel is fairly good compared to other luxury brands.

Suggested Improvements

- Basic audio system is pathetic when you spend 60k on this. - Feels Underpowered on the road especially when you start driving normally.

Avoid this truck
By Carsick

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Tested BMW x5, MDX, BM350 and RX350 and GX460 on local road, loved RX350 but went with Gx460 with regret not testing it on highway. Thought we will get roomier and more conformable ride than rx350 but got sea sick the first 50 miles driving it. This truck ride very bumpy and shakes on high way, it made us sick and dizzy (never had this problem). Be care if you have kids. Gas mileage is very poor not an ideal day to day car for the family, avoid it if you can. Traded in for a 2011 RX350 later and much happier now.

Favorite Features

Third row seat, NAV and 4x4 drive

Suggested Improvements

Make the ride better and more enjoyable

Acceleration
By Russ

2010 Lexus GX 460 Premium 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have had the same issued since the date of purchase. From a stop when you accelerate the vehicle has a stall or hesitation for 2 or 3 seconds. This does not occur every time thus creates a problem for Lexus. I have complained to Lexus and gone through the hearing process which is a waste of time. The representatives from Lexus and the hearing panel drove the vehicle across the street from the hotel and around the Costco parking lot and said the vehicle did not demonstrate a problem. The vehicle has a problem!

Favorite Features

Operating the vehicle above 25 miles per hour.

Suggested Improvements

Lexus needs to own up to the fact that the vehicle has a problem and correct it!

SUV made us sick
By Sea_sick

2010 Lexus GX 460 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Avoid this truck-based SUV you if can. We tested drove GX470 were very happy with it. Bought this GX460 with regret not testing it on high-way. The dealer didnít offer any help but a trade-in. The hash ride made us sea sick the first day! It bounces back and forth on local road and shakes on highway. The SUV feels solid same as the seat, they look good but are stiff. Love the NAV and interior color.

Favorite Features

Touch screen NAV and interior color.

Suggested Improvements

Make the ride the same as GX470.