2008 Lexus GS 460 Consumer Review: Sweet ride

2008 Lexus GS 460 - Consumer Review

Sweet ride
By JR on

2008 Lexus GS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

What a great vehicle, I tested Mercedes, Jaguar, BMW and did not find an equal to this car. Last year I would not have bought the previous versions of this car, it looked too dated and did not have the oomph! that I wanted. Now I can have the best of several worlds, good gas mileage, reliability, luxury, speed, acceleration, handling, great sound, toys, good looks, safety and so many other things I still have to discover. BMW does offer lots of buzzers and whistles, but for bang for your buck, I have not equaled Lexus.

Sound, I am an audiophile and the Mark Levinson system is the sweetest system I have had the joy to listen to in my life, in a vehicle. 8 speed transmission with manual shift, I think I can tweak a few 100ths off of 0-60 time. Leave VSC on for normal driving or you will be buying lots of tires.

Brakes are touchy, front seats need more adjustability, back seat and trunk need more headroom and space. Need pass through for long objects like skis. Add supercharger so I can go just one second faster to 60mph.