Used 2008 Lexus GS 460 Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus Gs-460 - Consumer Reviews

2008 Lexus GS 460 Sedan

Base 4.6L V8 8-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )

6 Years Old and Still Perfect
By teddp

2008 Lexus GS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

My black GS460 was built in the Spring of 2008 and after 6 years it performs like it was new. This car is so smooth and powerful it reminds me of the 12-cylinder BMW 750i. It's not as big, of course, but it offers a level of smooth, powerful acceleration that is rarely experienced. It handles very well without the somewhat excessive road-feel of a BMW, and the cabin is very quiet. Once a year or so I consider trading for another car but I haven't found anything as compelling as this one.

Favorite Features

4.6 liter V-8, cooled and heated seats, navigation, XM radio, very good looking aluminum wheels, driver's information system.

Suggested Improvements

It'd be great if it didn't require premium fuel, but that seems to be the price of admission to the world of high-performance cars. Also, the controls for the navigation and radio could be improved, and most likely have been in the new design.

The best sports sedan under $70,000
By prema1

2008 Lexus GS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

As a former owner of multiple luxury cars and brands, I am a pretty demanding customer. I am totally in love with the Lexus GS460. From the world's most successful car manufacturer has come the world's best sports sedan. Amazing build quality, The active suspension gives you sports-car handling in one mode, and the ride of a Lexus in the other. Stays flat in corners, but smooth over rough roads. The steering experience is perfect. The Michelin tires provide prodigious grip in tight curves and in the rain. Best of all the touch screen brings iPhone like simplicity where others offer an iDrive knob. And the styling inside and out is simply gorgeous. If you want the best, this is it!

Favorite Features

1) Gorgeous styling 2) Prodigious V8 with 8 speed transmission delivering 0-60 in 5.2secs 3) Active suspension with power stabilizer to give high speed flat cornering and smooth ride 4) Touch-screen controls with casual voice activation 5) Intuitive park assist with backup camera 6) Keyless entry/go

Suggested Improvements

1) Ability to select specific songs and artists by voice (like Microsoft Sync) 2) XM traffic, weather and local information 3) Leather covered dash (neither BMW or Mercedes offer this in this class, but would still be nice)

A truly amazing automobile
By The Captain

2008 Lexus GS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I love this car. It handles like a dream and holds the road like a sports car. I have a 1999 Lexus LS400 and love it but this is a sports car sedan that I bought for my wife. She lets me drive it occasionally. A Lotus passed me and I caught him at a stop light and blew him off from a stop. Lexus means quality and this one is awesome. No comparison on the interior of this to a BMW or Mercedes. I researched many cars and looked at all the competition. I plan on keeping this car for a long time. Big improvements over the 2007 GS.

Favorite Features

The new 8 speed transmission and 442 hp V-8 engine. It's hard to know when it shifts. Nav system with rear backup camera and all the controls for the stereo there. The A/C vented seats are great in South Texas.

Suggested Improvements

At this time I don't know of anything.

Smooth and Fast
By Cobrak

2008 Lexus GS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Excellent handling with strong acceleration plus all of the bells and whistles you imagine: very smooth and fast.

Favorite Features

Power, transmission and interior

Suggested Improvements

40 HP

Pursue of perfection
By ww

2008 Lexus GS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my 5th Lexus. I cannot find better service in any other brand. Safety features really protect life. The car is fast, safe, luxurious, dependable and fun to drive. The sound of the engine rocks. I do not like the run flat tires. They do not hold as well as the high performance ones. The fact of driving without a spare is worrisome. I made a trip recently in which the nearest facility that could fix a run flat was greater than the range that you can run flat your tires. I bought a spare and when the present tires are done, I am getting high performance tires, which is what this vehicle needs.

Favorite Features

The new improved voice activated navigation which your can use while driving is an appreciated improvement. The bluetooth pairing has been improved tremendously from the GS 430 (my previous) using the same phone. The engine and transmission are awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Include a spare with run flat tires. Maybe another extra 50 horses. Touch up paint should be included with every car of this category. Otherwise leave the car as it is.