2008 Lexus GS 460 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.6L V8 8-speed Automatic - (10 reviews )
6 Years Old and Still Perfect
By teddp on 02/23/14 04:48 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus GS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

My black GS460 was built in the Spring of 2008 and after 6 years it performs like it was new. This car is so smooth and powerful it reminds me of the 12-cylinder BMW 750i. It's not as big, of course, but it offers a level of smooth, powerful acceleration that is rarely experienced. It handles very well without the somewhat excessive road-feel of a BMW, and the cabin is very quiet. Once a year or so I consider trading for another car but I haven't found anything as compelling as this one.

The best sports sedan under $70,000
By prema1 on 07/10/09 20:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

As a former owner of multiple luxury cars and brands, I am a pretty demanding customer. I am totally in love with the Lexus GS460. From the world's most successful car manufacturer has come the world's best sports sedan. Amazing build quality, The active suspension gives you sports-car handling in one mode, and the ride of a Lexus in the other. Stays flat in corners, but smooth over rough roads. The steering experience is perfect. The Michelin tires provide prodigious grip in tight curves and in the rain. Best of all the touch screen brings iPhone like simplicity where others offer an iDrive knob. And the styling inside and out is simply gorgeous. If you want the best, this is it!

A truly amazing automobile
By The Captain on 06/29/08 11:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I love this car. It handles like a dream and holds the road like a sports car. I have a 1999 Lexus LS400 and love it but this is a sports car sedan that I bought for my wife. She lets me drive it occasionally. A Lotus passed me and I caught him at a stop light and blew him off from a stop. Lexus means quality and this one is awesome. No comparison on the interior of this to a BMW or Mercedes. I researched many cars and looked at all the competition. I plan on keeping this car for a long time. Big improvements over the 2007 GS.

Smooth and Fast
By Cobrak on 04/17/08 18:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Excellent handling with strong acceleration plus all of the bells and whistles you imagine: very smooth and fast.

Pursue of perfection
By ww on 04/05/08 15:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my 5th Lexus. I cannot find better service in any other brand. Safety features really protect life. The car is fast, safe, luxurious, dependable and fun to drive. The sound of the engine rocks. I do not like the run flat tires. They do not hold as well as the high performance ones. The fact of driving without a spare is worrisome. I made a trip recently in which the nearest facility that could fix a run flat was greater than the range that you can run flat your tires. I bought a spare and when the present tires are done, I am getting high performance tires, which is what this vehicle needs.

Awesome Vehicle
By Jimmy on 03/15/08 21:15 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus GS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I've only had this vehicle for a week, but so far, I'd have to say this is truly an awesome vehicle. Everyone has their own ideas of what a great car should be like, and mine is this one. Smooth, quiet, and plenty of power with a great selection of gadgets. I particularly like the Mark Levinson system and the navigation system. I listed interior as "9" only because there are certain things you can't input on the nav system while driving. If not for that, I'd have it as a "10". I took this car on the highway this weekend and got 29.8 mpg, which far exceeds its listed highway mpg of 24. This truly exceeded my expectation!

Sweet ride
By JR on 01/19/08 01:30 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus GS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

What a great vehicle, I tested Mercedes, Jaguar, BMW and did not find an equal to this car. Last year I would not have bought the previous versions of this car, it looked too dated and did not have the oomph! that I wanted. Now I can have the best of several worlds, good gas mileage, reliability, luxury, speed, acceleration, handling, great sound, toys, good looks, safety and so many other things I still have to discover. BMW does offer lots of buzzers and whistles, but for bang for your buck, I have not equaled Lexus.

2008 Lexus GS 460
By VCD on 01/05/08 00:36 AM (PST)

2008 Lexus GS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is very comfortable car and very fun to drive. If you are not used to driving a powerful car, be very careful on the acceleration pedal and don't blink. It goes to 100 MPH in an instant. If you have teen-agers in your household, beware, don't let them drive it. It tempts you to drag race competition. Sound system is excellent and I like the folding side mirrors too, this help side swatting or accidents when moving the car to and from tight spaces such as my house garage.

GS 460 December 07
By creedcg on 12/23/07 18:13 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus GS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Just picked it up by trading 06 GS 300 AWD. Considered BMW 335 (too small) and 535 (too much) before driving GS 460. Tried GS 450h but did not like CVT. 8 speed transmission on GS shifts smooth up and down and so far never seems to hunt for right gear. Using 18 inch accessory wheels with Dunlop M3 run flat dedicagted snow tires in Minnesota. So far better than the average RWD car with snow and ice. Like the new soft leather seats, upgraded stereo. Expect no problems. Fast car, good gas mileage (for V8) and no iDrive!

Fist Lexus - Very Happy
By ahearn on 12/21/07 19:01 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus GS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I've been a Toyota fan for many years and just moved "up" to a Lexus GS 460. The build quality, luxury features, and performance of this car are simply remarkable. I chose it over a competitive BMW model after test- driving both. I couldn't be more pleased.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Lexus GS 460 in NJ is:

$253 per month*