2013 Lexus GS 450h - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 Hybrid CVT Automatic - (4 reviews )
Almost 1 year later & still loving it
By sdgolwn on 10/19/14 12:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It will be one year 12/28/14, since buying this car, and I love it. In town averaging 28-29; freeway 34-36--that compares to my Infiniti of 17 city, 23 freeway. The Lexus experience is also so much better than the San Diego Infiniti dealer. I have only 3900 miles at month 10, and one service. SD Lexus has been great. I also experienced zero defects thus far; also, much more than I can say about either of my Inifinitis. I would buy this car again. It drive and handles well, is quiet and a joy to be in. I have the luxury package, which I think helps improve the experience greatly. Trunk lighting is awful. I added an LED light in the trunk. It also needs more charging options.

Almost 1 year later & still loving it
By sdgolwn on 10/12/14 11:23 AM (PDT)

2013 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the car for almost one year now, and still love it. As previously mentioned, I do not drive much, as I live in downtown San Diego, mostly walking. I now have less than 4K miles. I am averaging 29 in town, with 35-36 on the highway when driving to Palm Springs. I have found driving in ECO mode is usually fine, unless I am in the desert (my car is black, so require full a/c there). Sport + is a totally fun experience, and I like that I can have it when I want it. There have been zero warranty issues. The first service experience at San Diego Lexus was good. I will likely have to bring it back in December just because it will be one year old, due to my lack of driving.

2013 GS450h
By sdgolwn on 01/11/14 10:49 AM (PST)

2013 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased via Lexus' December to Remember event for $15K off sticker, so made purchase much easier. Black with flaxen seats and lux package for $60K--Because of valuation, was considering 2014 ES300h with Ultra, but this price made the GS450h more palatable. Beautiful car. Great drive. Traded Infiniti FX35 (2009). Liked car, but dealer experience was like I bought a Nissan. I drive less than 8K miles per year, so tired of refueling SUV at almost $90.00 per tank.

Beware of MPG Claims on the GS450h
By gilnarro on 03/11/13 08:27 AM (PDT)

2013 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In most respects, the GS450h is an excellent car. It inspires confidence and drives fine. But, there are two features that are unacceptable to this buyer: 1) Unless you purchase the Luxury pkg., you can't get the LED headlamps w/AFS. The regular bi-Xenon headlamps provide minimal illumination and are worse than any we've ever had on our Lexus autos; 2) Lexus claims that this car gets 34MPG average. While brand new, it only got 30.4 MPG. With less than 9K miles on it, this winter, we've gotten 29.2 MPG!. I'm on top of air pressure and I don't gun the car. So, it's not me; it's the car and Lexus's misleading claims.

Not So Bright Headlamps
By gilnarro on 10/14/12 19:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We traded up from RX's to the GS450h for efficiency and environmental reasons. But, the first time we drove at night was a revelation. The bi-xenon HID lights are simply no comparision to the bright and expansive headlamps we expected. They've checked them out thoroughly, but no, that's what you get. A critical component that nobody ever addresses! The LED lamps that come with the luxury package are impossible to find on any Lexus lot, so a comparison is, well, impossible to date. My suspicion is that the LED lights are better; otherwise, why would they be available only with the luxury package. Have you experienced the LEDs on a Lexus? We've driven the car a little over 1000 miles.

Luxurious with high performance and fuel efficiency!
By cjob1 on 07/08/12 05:18 AM (PDT)

2013 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This vehicle is well worth the wait! Luxurious, sporty, high tech and fuel efficient. The technology is incredible. Within seconds my phone was synced to the bluetooth, all of my contacts were downloaded, and music was playing from my phone wirelessly. I can play Pandora, find an open table, search on Bing, etc. I can call a live person if I'm lost and have them map directions for me instantly. Everything works perfectly! The car has power with a smooth ride. Great gas mileage! Matte bamboo definitely complements the interior giving it a classy look. This car definitely far exceeded my expectations!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Lexus GS 450h in VA is:

$187 per month*