Used 2009 Lexus GS 450h Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Lexus Gs-450h - Consumer Reviews

2009 Lexus GS 450h

Base 3.5L V6 Hybrid CVT Automatic - (4 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Love the blue
By pat

2009 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had the car for about 18 months now and have very little complaints. My favorites are the engine, the fact that it is a hybrid, the H styling with blue trim. I do which the fuel tank was bigger. While getting 26 -27 MPG the tank is small so I still have to hit the pumps once a week. The trunk is small due to the battery. Overall, the most satisfied I have been with any new car I have ever purchased.

Favorite Features

engine performance, hyrid and the H styling with blue trim.

Suggested Improvements

size of tank and trunk

Trunk
By lucky

2009 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Quite an excellent car after 9 months. No maintenance issues or malfunctions. 25 mpg in city traffic, 30 mpg on the highway. Those over 6'3" need more headroom. The fit and finish are flawless and the CVT runs quietly, smoothly and with uncanny power. The handling is excellent. The Navigation package and Mark Levinson sound system options are fantastic.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, build quality, ride, mileage.

Suggested Improvements

If the trunk space was larger it would be perfect. Integration with smartphone data could be smoother.

The best car I've driven
By Daniel Timofei

2009 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great comfort for long drives, the noise is very low even at high speed, high and smooth acceleration, excellent stability, remarkable reliability, very robust mechanics suitable for bad roads, a wonderful car. Net superior to BMW 5 series and Mercedes E class in all aspects. "Zero" maintenance costs. The fuel economy is not that big for a sporty driving style.

Favorite Features

The VDIM system makes a great difference between this car and any other. The snow mode for traction control is over my expectations, the car having a great stability on icy roads. The Mark Levinson audio system is outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

Headrest to be adjustable back and forth, bigger fuel tank and trunk. A USB port would be useful, too.

One year and still in love
By jimi

2009 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Awesome passing power, with or without the power setting. I prefer the sport suspension even in everyday driving because I live in an area with a lot of tight turns. Good braking system allows for quick, controlled stops. The interior is comfortable and full of amenities. The Mark Levinson sound system is worth the added cost. Everyone complains about the small trunk and so do I. But at the end of the day I'm willing to sacrifice the trunk space for the performance. Its not cheap but relative to its competition, namely the BMW 550i and the MB E550, it is a bargin plus it has better reliability, overall performance numbers and mpg. New or used it is a great car to own.

Favorite Features

acceleration, gas mileage, comfort and amenities

Suggested Improvements

increased trunk space, 19" wheels and lose the run flat tires