Used 2008 Lexus GS 450h Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Lexus GS 450h - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 Hybrid CVT Automatic - (5 reviews )

OK
By Mary K Hood

2008 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is one of the best performance cars in existence, BUT I bought it for the mileage it says you get and it doesn't come anywhere near what it is supposed to do. If you want a performance car and don't care about the validity of the hybrid performance then it is an exceptional vehicle. My goal was to have a true hybrid. I am very disappointed.

Performance and especially on the highway you feel like you are flying which could be very dangerous if you aren't careful

Lexus should not advertise the gas consumption to be what it is not.

Fast and Fun Car to Drive
By Agata Zelman

2008 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent quality, comfort, great performance car as compared to a BMW, Audi or Volvo. This is my second GS, but first hybrid and I love it.

Everything is automatic, Bluetooth, navigation, back up camera, ion air purifier. This car has it all. It is truly fully loaded.

I'm not sure if they could make it better and faster luxury car. I love it.

its a lexus
By pars

2008 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent quality but does not fee like a performance car as compared to a BMW which I traded in. Feels good to be driving a hybrid there is slight hesitation when accelerating---not yet sure if it is due to engine shifting or something else

quiteness, gas mileage, Lexus quality and dealer service

headrests should move foreward and backward not just up and down get rid of the little box containing some of the switches---it a dangerous if left open while getting into the car

My new GS 450h
By Al

2008 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just picked up my GS 450h last week and can already say that I love the car. The performance is amazing and I give Lexus high marks for the quality of the car. I traded in a 2002 GS 430, which I was extremely happy with, but this car has it beat in every category. This is the most fun I've had driving a car.

My favorite feature has to be being able to do everything without taking the key out of my pocket.

The aux. input in the center console is hard to reach. It seems like it should have been put in the front of the console rather than the rear.

Great Car
By scratchurite

2008 Lexus GS 450h 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I ordered mine in early aug. I picked it up 3 days ago and it is a dream! I do have a few issues though. As a tall man, the entry is a headbanger! That's why I gave it a 9. As a heavy man, the center console is not sturdy enough. Also Hi-octane gasoline is an economical nightmare in Tokyo. That's why the 7. I don't need to drive so fast anymore(did that with my Supercoupe)! Can't fit in the Prius. But all things considered, I am super satisfied with it. I plan to keep it about 5 yrs, and I am now confident that I will have no mechanical issues. I have owned and driven many autos, American, Japanese, German, but this is the best so far. I'm also happy to be the first to own one.

Bluetooth, navi, touch lock/unlock, automatic everything, ion air purifier, I could go on and on, Oh yeah... I finally got a car with cupholders!!

A little more leg room, and refinement of the center console. Rearview mirror should provide a better (wider) view. Adjust the spark so we have our own choice regular or premium. That would make it purse friendly!!