2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 Hybrid CVT Automatic - (21 reviews )
The Fastest and most fun to drive LEXUS
By DAVE on 11/14/06 10:02 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Went to the taste of lexus event and loved the car. I traded in my 2002 LS 430 (which I loved). I love the hybrid, not because I am saving gas money (currently getting 14 mpg, due to my style of driving). It is incredibly fast and can keep up with most porsche cars. The sport transmission is amazing, and the car is up to par with what I had in mind. Very sexy design, but if you want to spend less money buy the GS 350, it;s only 37 less horse power.

Not so happy with new GS 450h
By disgruntled in NC OH on 10/12/06 16:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have a 1998 GS 400. Have owned/leased at least 5 others since 1993. This one does not live up to the hype. Extremely annoying feeling of gas- electric-gas kickin/out etc. at speeds around 59 mph. Miniscule trunk. I am currently attempting to get out from under this "Edsel". PS: the mileage is really only a 4-5 mpg better than my GS 400.

Impressive
By Mario on 09/15/06 18:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great handling, smooth quick acceleration. Nice finishes. Small trunk. Decent back seat leg room.

An opinion
By hadrien on 09/03/06 13:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is not a BMW 550i, but it comes quite close in terms of handling. Interior materials are a bit superior to those seen in a BMW, especially when it comes to sound. Given Lexus/Toyota high levels of reliability this vehicle was a better choice for me.

Incredible performance
By link on 08/19/06 18:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The performance of this car is mind-boggling. If you floor the gas while driving at 70 to 80 mph, you WILL get pushed back into your seat and blow by everything else on the road. If you are over 6 feet tall, you should definitely sit in a GS before purchasing, especially if you tend to sit straight in your seat. I'm 6' 1" and my head touches the roof. The trunk is definitely tiny, but I personally do not place large suitcases or any other significant cargo into the trunk on a daily basis, so this is a non-issue. For trips to Costco or the airport, we just use the other car, an SUV. The navigation voice recognition takes some practice, but otherwise the nav system itself is powerful

Lexus GS450h
By Marita on 08/13/06 20:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has a quiet engine, very comfortable interior, and can go from 0-60 in 5.2 sec. It has superior handling and excellent sound system.

Practical and fun
By jeffw54 on 06/29/06 18:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love the acceleration and the feeling of driving a "sports" car while getting decent gas mileage. Have owned two other Lexus vehicles and this vehicle continues the streak of flawless fit and finish. I've gotten many compliments and a few negative comments about having a "luxury hybrid". I chalk those comments up to jealousy. Gas mileage has been consistently in the 24 - 26 mpg range (and I have a lead foot sometimes). With Virginia's tax credit, this wasn't that much more expensive than the regular GS model and I get to use HOV lanes!

Quiet, reliable, satisfying power
By otis on 06/25/06 18:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car blew my mind. I have never accelerated so fast from 70mph and in such comfort and tactile excellence. 24 mpg is great with this level of performance. Navigation is intuitive and easy to 'talk to'. The music system sounds like I'm in a concert hall. I love this car.

Great ride
By Dan on 06/25/06 06:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Wonderful car overall. I had owned an Acura RL and BMW 5 series prior to purchasing the Hybrid GS450 only about 4 weeks ago. Downsides are small trunk space and less than predicted fuel economy (so far, only one tank and I got 22 MPG...the vehicle rating claims are 24-28 MPG). I find the car to be a great combination of comfort and performance.

Best of Both Worlds
By Rick Crall on 06/23/06 11:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My experience with the Lexus GS 450h, although brief, has been overwhelmingly positive, both in terms of performance and mileage. I drive 500+ miles a week; 80% highway, 20% city. I have consistently been averaging 28+ mpg highway (150 + mile trips), 27+ mpg city (5-15 mile trips). Having the minute-to-minute feedback from the gas consumption screen enables you to maximize your mpg, and once you learn the correct way to drive a hybrid, the fuel economy is certainly attainable, if not beatable! And that includes a mixture of usual gas-hungry aggressive driving such as frequent quick accelerations such as merging from an entrance ramp, and just blowing away fellow drivers when passing.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.