Used 2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus Gs-450h - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan

Base 3.5L V6 Hybrid CVT Automatic - (21 reviews )

You can almost have it all
By bhamer

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What I wanted: reliability, green car, sporty handling and acceleration, ability to fit five passengers, ultimate comfort, 4 wheel drive. What I got: everything but 4 wheel drive. What an amazing car. Don't be fooled by the similar appearance to other GS versions. I test drove the standard gas version of this car and found it lackluster, noisy and boring. This car is totally different. It is the fastest and most powerful in the GS line up and has remarkable acceleration. It gets around 27 mpg in non performance mode too. It's an amazing blend of comfort and technology.

Favorite Features

The engine.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior lighting; better rear exterior styling.

Amazing Performance/ Poor Cabin Usablity
By LC Boca Raton

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hits: Car performs great lost of power and quality all over, Nice features (when you can use them). Clean lines - Lexus legacy luxury in a sport sedan. Great car !! A+++ Misses: dash usablity. Lock out when driving of features on most items, song list of CDs. (Only can play MP3 CDs (255 song limit) NO DVD MP3 even though it is a DVD changer.) Radio list remains at speed (why is this so different than a CD list I have no idea). 2007 Acura MDX have it right when it comes to the Glass Dash. You can use the features as expected. Lexus (Toyota) has taken conservative to a new level. I hope they lighten up and come up with a software update. (I'll even sign a waiver.) PLEASE LEXUS fix this!

Favorite Features

Awesome power at any speed. The quiet is something to behold. It is almost like floating!

Suggested Improvements

Dash usablity. PLEASE stop locking out features. Play DVD MP3s and allow us to see the songs that we have on the MP3 CDs that DO play while we drive the car PLEASE! Can we use the phone too please!

I found the perfect car
By Deej

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I decided to go from 3 cars to 2, so we traded in a 2001 Accord EX V6 and a 2003 BMW M3 for the GS 450h. We ended up with a car that carries people better than the Accord, performs better than the M3 (really), and gets better gas mileage than either (we get between 26 and 27 mpg). If you drive it like a high-powered sports car, it will perform like same - right down to gas mileage in the teens. If you drive it like a sedan, it will give you all that plus another 5 mpg. Visibility is excellent. Controls are perfect. Everybody can find a comfortable seating position.

Favorite Features

This is my third GPS/Nav, and by far the best I have seen. Take a look even if you have rejected them in the past. The Bluetooth integration is great. There is outrageous power at all speeds. Its "rolling start" - more typical of daily use -is even superior to its 0 to 60. Great transmission.

Suggested Improvements

A car at this level really should come standard with an iPod dock. The trunk space is too limited (due the the battery). Lexus disables many of the Nav and Bluetooth functions when the car is moving - good for safety but bad for utility.

Engineering Masterpiece
By jmh

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I understand the lack of trunk space - where else to put the battery. Worst mileage is around town at 23; best mileage 28.5 at avg. 75 mph on a 500 mile trip. Navigation system and electronics, particularly LED interior ligthing, are way ahead of competitors. This one was equipped with the collision avoidance package - speed matching on cruise takes some getting used to but is easy to over ride with the gas pedal. I honestly believe you could set the cruise at 80 and head for a obstacle or wall and the system would stop the car well short of it.

Favorite Features

Absolutely the fastest car from 80 to 100+ I've ever owned. The transmission is exceptional & don't miss the down shifting in manual mode. Fit & quality are "Lexus".

Suggested Improvements

No trunk light or I haven't found it. Programmed seat position buttons should have gotten LED illumination.

Unbelieveable Power
By Chuck

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Best car I've ever owned. My wife and I fight over who drives it. Very hard to stay under 100 mph. Always looking for someone to race.

Favorite Features

Radar collision control, almost drives itself.