2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 Hybrid CVT Automatic - (21 reviews )
Certified GS450h
By winks on 06/10/10 16:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently purchased a certified GS450h. It is in excellent condition and having the 161 pt check done gives me peace of mind. I am blown away with how fast it is. A friend with a Porsche drove it and said it is much quicker off the line. The lines are great and I love the the design hasn't changed, so you can't tell that it isn't brand new. Got to love the Lexus Experience.

Incredibly Mediocre
By BLS on 02/09/09 16:39 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this after 3 BMWs and did so because service is so awful on BMWs in Southern California. Lexus service is truly amazing and so far ahead of any other car type that it is hard to believe. However, this car is like driving down the road on a jello square. It handles loosely, and because of the continuously variable transmission it feel like you are driving a motor boat more than a car.

What an awesome car
By supercooper on 06/10/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just drove my car home last night and still have to set up all the bells and whistles, but what a lot of fun just driving has been for 24 hrs. This car is smoking fast and the power is so smooth and linear - it just keeps pulling until you are well over 100.

A superb sedan
By former vette owner on 08/24/07 11:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I migrated from an '06 Corvette C6, and was expecting a letup in performance. Not so! This car is extremely fun to drive, and I am averaging around 26 mpg, compared to 19 in the much-lighter Corvette. I am totally satisfied with this, my first Lexus ever.

Green luxury
By flid on 07/11/07 20:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car rocks. Excellent style and finish with all Lexus has to offer, while setting the bar on environmental responsibility for discriminating buyers. Performance is off the chart for a hybrid and I am averaging approx 27.5 MPG at 15,000 miles. Service is Lexus excellence plus and I couldn't be happier with this vehicle. Anyone who can afford to make a vehicle purchase decision based on luxury, performance and most importantly environmental impact should consider this car.

You can almost have it all
By bhamer on 05/27/07 06:41 AM (PDT)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

What I wanted: reliability, green car, sporty handling and acceleration, ability to fit five passengers, ultimate comfort, 4 wheel drive. What I got: everything but 4 wheel drive. What an amazing car. Don't be fooled by the similar appearance to other GS versions. I test drove the standard gas version of this car and found it lackluster, noisy and boring. This car is totally different. It is the fastest and most powerful in the GS line up and has remarkable acceleration. It gets around 27 mpg in non performance mode too. It's an amazing blend of comfort and technology.

Amazing Performance/ Poor Cabin Usablity
By LC Boca Raton on 01/17/07 17:25 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hits: Car performs great lost of power and quality all over, Nice features (when you can use them). Clean lines - Lexus legacy luxury in a sport sedan. Great car !! A+++ Misses: dash usablity. Lock out when driving of features on most items, song list of CDs. (Only can play MP3 CDs (255 song limit) NO DVD MP3 even though it is a DVD changer.) Radio list remains at speed (why is this so different than a CD list I have no idea). 2007 Acura MDX have it right when it comes to the Glass Dash. You can use the features as expected. Lexus (Toyota) has taken conservative to a new level. I hope they lighten up and come up with a software update. (I'll even sign a waiver.) PLEASE LEXUS fix this!

I found the perfect car
By Deej on 01/16/07 05:36 AM (PST)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I decided to go from 3 cars to 2, so we traded in a 2001 Accord EX V6 and a 2003 BMW M3 for the GS 450h. We ended up with a car that carries people better than the Accord, performs better than the M3 (really), and gets better gas mileage than either (we get between 26 and 27 mpg). If you drive it like a high-powered sports car, it will perform like same - right down to gas mileage in the teens. If you drive it like a sedan, it will give you all that plus another 5 mpg. Visibility is excellent. Controls are perfect. Everybody can find a comfortable seating position.

Engineering Masterpiece
By jmh on 12/23/06 16:26 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I understand the lack of trunk space - where else to put the battery. Worst mileage is around town at 23; best mileage 28.5 at avg. 75 mph on a 500 mile trip. Navigation system and electronics, particularly LED interior ligthing, are way ahead of competitors. This one was equipped with the collision avoidance package - speed matching on cruise takes some getting used to but is easy to over ride with the gas pedal. I honestly believe you could set the cruise at 80 and head for a obstacle or wall and the system would stop the car well short of it.

Unbelieveable Power
By Chuck on 11/17/06 15:32 PM (PST)

2007 Lexus GS 450h Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Best car I've ever owned. My wife and I fight over who drives it. Very hard to stay under 100 mph. Always looking for someone to race.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.