WAY Better than the E500
By JR on
2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)
Just traded my 2003 E500 for the GS430. NO Comparison. The Lexus performs as good as the E500, unless you are "throwing it around", which I stopped doing ages ago. The technology, build quality & reliability makes this a clear choice over the E-Class. This is a great looking, great performing, tech-laden car that looks great and is a blast to drive. Put aside the preconceived notions about European and Japanese cars (I know that's hard as I HATED parting with my Benz), drive a loaded GS430 and an E500 and you'll buy the Lexus. Especially when you realize that alhough these the cars are in the same class, a comparably equiped E500 will cost you a LOT more, & it won't be NEAR as reliable.
Favorite Features
The tech is awesome. From the voice operated features, to the bluetooth. I never fumble for my keys or my phone. I walk around with my fab and my Razr in my pocket, walk to my car...it unlocks, starts, recognizes my phone and all I have to do is sit down and push a button.
Suggested Improvements
The brakes ARE a bit grabby, but then so are the E500's. The XM radio is a must, but the dealer installed antenna leaves a lot to be desired. Have dealer install INSIDE on rear deck, unless you are tinting the back window, or ordering the rear sunshade. They need to go to a rear mounted fin antenna