Used 2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Gs-430 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (41 reviews )

My first Lexus
By AJP

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is above all the rest, it has computeristic effect on you. It quite, slick, and has an incredible sound system. Its reliability and safety rating are above the Mercedes, before I ventured into the Lexus dealership my eyes were on a SL 450 mercedes. However, no longer, I'm sold.

Favorite Features

The elegance it projects, the electronic technology, interior design, and most of all the comfort.

Suggested Improvements

The brake are over reacts, could be much smoother during a complete stop. Just a small adjustment to the computer code is needed make this happen.

Great car!!
By tom

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in a lackluster Mercedes E320 for this GS430 and couldn't be happier. This car is extremely fun to drive and it has all the luxuries you could ever need. Seats that cool and heat, navigation, incredible Mark Levinson stereo, bluetooth, rear backup camera, park assist, keyless entry and start (the key never has to leave my briefcase)!!! At first I thought the styling was too subtle but each day I like the looks more and more. I would definitely recommend this as a luxury sedan for the middle age crowd that enjoys driving.

Favorite Features

Silky smooth ride, good passing acceleration (I've looked down and noticed I was going 100 but never knew because of the quiet, smooth ride. Could be trouble!! Love the backup camera and park assist and stereo is very nice. Keyless entry, bluetooth and love the A/C in the seats!!!

Suggested Improvements

Can be a little hard to see out of, for parking, rear pillars, etc. Camera and Park assist helps. Glove box design wouldn't hold my new car booklet and folio(bad design). Limited trunk space.If you are older or need more space get the LS 430. If you want a fun- to-drive luxury sedan get the GS 430.

Lexus GS 430 - Best in Class
By John McLean

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Lexus GS 430 is not a driver's car, though you can chuck it around at speed. VDIM prevents you acting like a lunatic!!! Rather it is more a gentleman's car, with all you will ever want from a quality automobile. It has speed, reliability and quality with superb finish. This car can be called the "computer car" as it has more computers onboard than some countries!!!! Take my word for it and give it a trial run - you will be very surprised.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, road huggging, appearance. brakes, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Bump horse power up to 400, and torque to 430 ft lbs.

WAY Better than the E500
By JR

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just traded my 2003 E500 for the GS430. NO Comparison. The Lexus performs as good as the E500, unless you are "throwing it around", which I stopped doing ages ago. The technology, build quality & reliability makes this a clear choice over the E-Class. This is a great looking, great performing, tech-laden car that looks great and is a blast to drive. Put aside the preconceived notions about European and Japanese cars (I know that's hard as I HATED parting with my Benz), drive a loaded GS430 and an E500 and you'll buy the Lexus. Especially when you realize that alhough these the cars are in the same class, a comparably equiped E500 will cost you a LOT more, & it won't be NEAR as reliable.

Favorite Features

The tech is awesome. From the voice operated features, to the bluetooth. I never fumble for my keys or my phone. I walk around with my fab and my Razr in my pocket, walk to my car...it unlocks, starts, recognizes my phone and all I have to do is sit down and push a button.

Suggested Improvements

The brakes ARE a bit grabby, but then so are the E500's. The XM radio is a must, but the dealer installed antenna leaves a lot to be desired. Have dealer install INSIDE on rear deck, unless you are tinting the back window, or ordering the rear sunshade. They need to go to a rear mounted fin antenna

Love My Lex
By yvon remy jr

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car looks, feels, and drives like a vehicle that is meant for a night out to the opera yet trounces many other "luxury" sedans as if they had an anchor fastened to their rear axle. The interior is well thought out feels comfortable enough to make me feel as if were I my in my living room. I know the engineers are sleeping well because they have come another step closer to a perfect car.

Suggested Improvements

Because the car is quite heavy a bit more horsepower could be quite useful. I"m not talking BMW M5 power but just enough to make a sport compact driver think twice before they perform a wreckless maneuver