Used 2006 Lexus GS 430 Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus GS 430 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus GS 430

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (43 reviews )

Great car but needs an update
By WS

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great car to drive, never lets me down. Comfortable on long drives, sound system is excellent - nav system is second to none; have driven MB and BMW before this GS.

Ride, power, stereo, nav.

Irritating sqeaks in the dash - no apparent cause. Shouldn't happen in a car this expensive.

Love my Lexus
By GS430

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car is awesome, my favorite thing about my GS is the back up camera and the parking assist. The stereo and dvd player make the car that much more nice and the navigation helps me out a lot. I have no sense of direction so I love knowing where I am and where I am going at all times. LOL! I honestly have no complaints about my GS, I love it. I also own a 1995 SC 400, that I just can't seem to part with, it has almost 200,000 miles and still runs strong. I have never had any major problems with either of my Lexuses. Thanks Lexus for making a realiable and great looking vehicle.

Sound, back up camera, park assist - that's just to name a few things. Everything about this car is beautiful.

None. Well maybe one - more colors to choose from.

2006 Lexus GS 430 Review
By Rob

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Really enjoy the car except for the minor problems. Car has great performance, could only imagine it being perfect with the new LS 460's engine. Needs a bigger fuel tank, better seat heaters, and the Mark Levinson stereo needs more bass... nothing an aftermarket JL Audio sub can't cure. Car seems to have a few rattles in the dash that dealer has yet to narrow down and the brakes began to squeal. I was told that these are performance brakes and its normal. Lexus's solution is to put on less performance pads and lose out on the great brakes, I don't think so. I also would like to shut off the way to sensitive traction control, which I believe you can on the 2007.

The navigation is pretty good and easy to use. Love the blue LED lighting in the cabin and the engine isn't bad considering it's 14 yrs old. Needs to rev more and really shove you into the seat with a good sound. Lacks the sporty bass sounds of a Northstar V8 or Mercedes V8.

More power, bigger fuel tank, better manumatic shifter (shifting is delayed, but does hold your gear which is nice), if possible even more creature comforts and better cornering. The car rides nice and firm but once you get into the corners, it rolls too much. Offer a performance tire upgrade.

U Gotta Luv it....
By GB

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Best car I have owned, features are incredible.. fun to drive is kind of a understatement it get your senses on edge everytime eventhough I've had it for a short period of time I'm sure I will never get bored with it. I can go on and on.. my advice to any prospective buyer is do not short change yourself with other imitators this car is by itself the head of the pack.

HP, Navigation, Mark Levinson stereo system with the surround sound - it will give you the ultimate driving experience.

Offer the same interior options as the LS 430.

Gotta Love it
By barnes

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I will never own a Mercedes or BMW... the GS 430 is the car everyone that want to experience luxury with power should own. I still have the first generation lexus GS 300 which is a wonderful automobile. But the GS 430 is the top of the line of the lexus fleet when you incorporate HP with luxury do not and I mean do not think getting the GS 300 will give you the same expeirence. It is worth the money if you know what I mean. Gotta love it!!

Navigation, HP, interior design.

Have more interior color combination with the exterior colors.