2006 Lexus GS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (41 reviews )
My first Lexus
By AJP on 11/23/05 15:47 PM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This vehicle is above all the rest, it has computeristic effect on you. It quite, slick, and has an incredible sound system. Its reliability and safety rating are above the Mercedes, before I ventured into the Lexus dealership my eyes were on a SL 450 mercedes. However, no longer, I'm sold.

Great car!!
By tom on 10/18/05 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in a lackluster Mercedes E320 for this GS430 and couldn't be happier. This car is extremely fun to drive and it has all the luxuries you could ever need. Seats that cool and heat, navigation, incredible Mark Levinson stereo, bluetooth, rear backup camera, park assist, keyless entry and start (the key never has to leave my briefcase)!!! At first I thought the styling was too subtle but each day I like the looks more and more. I would definitely recommend this as a luxury sedan for the middle age crowd that enjoys driving.

Lexus GS 430 - Best in Class
By John McLean on 10/08/05 06:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

The Lexus GS 430 is not a driver's car, though you can chuck it around at speed. VDIM prevents you acting like a lunatic!!! Rather it is more a gentleman's car, with all you will ever want from a quality automobile. It has speed, reliability and quality with superb finish. This car can be called the "computer car" as it has more computers onboard than some countries!!!! Take my word for it and give it a trial run - you will be very surprised.

WAY Better than the E500
By JR on 08/12/05 01:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Just traded my 2003 E500 for the GS430. NO Comparison. The Lexus performs as good as the E500, unless you are "throwing it around", which I stopped doing ages ago. The technology, build quality & reliability makes this a clear choice over the E-Class. This is a great looking, great performing, tech-laden car that looks great and is a blast to drive. Put aside the preconceived notions about European and Japanese cars (I know that's hard as I HATED parting with my Benz), drive a loaded GS430 and an E500 and you'll buy the Lexus. Especially when you realize that alhough these the cars are in the same class, a comparably equiped E500 will cost you a LOT more, & it won't be NEAR as reliable.

Love My Lex
By yvon remy jr on 07/31/05 10:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car looks, feels, and drives like a vehicle that is meant for a night out to the opera yet trounces many other "luxury" sedans as if they had an anchor fastened to their rear axle. The interior is well thought out feels comfortable enough to make me feel as if were I my in my living room. I know the engineers are sleeping well because they have come another step closer to a perfect car.

Stealthy and fast
By BosGS430 on 07/18/05 22:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Everything one would expect from a Lexus (reliability, excellent features, smooth and quiet) plus surprisingly good performance. It may be slightly less sporty than a BMW or Audi but for most driving situations the overall experience is more satisfying. Although the styling is subtle, I get favorable comments everytime I park the car. Excellent gas mileage for a V8.

Electronic revelry
By damon on 07/17/05 17:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is such an incredible improvement over my last car a 2002 GS 430. From the Nav System to the 6 speed transmission. Interior fit/finish is superb. Two suggestions: 25 more hp and increase powered subwoofer on ML system to 250 watts. Otherwise a dream to drive. Smooth dynamic and the exterior lines attract attention. Blue tooth pretty good .

Old GS was great, New GS is amazing.
By Eric on 07/01/05 21:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Before I leased this car, I had the older generation GS 430. I thought nothing would top it in terms of performance and driving enjoyment. However, I was wrong. The 2006 GS 430 is even more fun to drive with tighter steering, better acceleration, and STEPTRONIC!!! I was deciding in the end between getting the GS 430, the Mercedes E500, and the BMW 545i. I am very happy to have chosen the GS as it is the king of the midsize luxury sedan class.

Keeps getting better
By Happy so far on 06/26/05 23:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I had a '99 GS 400 that i drove for 212,000 miles and now my son drives it. This new GS 430 is even more fun to drive.The six speed transmission along with the engine management systems make it a dream. It is the best blend of performance and comfort i have found on the market. I know some sedans have more "feel" but I am impressed with how the car lets me truely enjoy the road but keeps me comfortable enough for long trips. The Levinson sound system is truely the best I have heard in any car.I am completely satisifed so far in the first 8,000 miles , yes that is right i already have over 8,000 miles on the car.

GS 430 More for the money than CLS500
By RAID10 on 06/21/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

After many MB's and BMW's this is my first Lexus. I am overwhelmed with the build quality and the effort that went into the smallest detail. My Black/Chasmere gets "thumbs Up" from everyone on the street. The spider wheels give it a very hip young look which suprises everyone when they see my gray hair.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.