Used 2006 Lexus GS 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus GS 430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (41 reviews )

2006 Lexus GS 430 Review
By Rob

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Really enjoy the car except for the minor problems. Car has great performance, could only imagine it being perfect with the new LS 460's engine. Needs a bigger fuel tank, better seat heaters, and the Mark Levinson stereo needs more bass... nothing an aftermarket JL Audio sub can't cure. Car seems to have a few rattles in the dash that dealer has yet to narrow down and the brakes began to squeal. I was told that these are performance brakes and its normal. Lexus's solution is to put on less performance pads and lose out on the great brakes, I don't think so. I also would like to shut off the way to sensitive traction control, which I believe you can on the 2007.

The navigation is pretty good and easy to use. Love the blue LED lighting in the cabin and the engine isn't bad considering it's 14 yrs old. Needs to rev more and really shove you into the seat with a good sound. Lacks the sporty bass sounds of a Northstar V8 or Mercedes V8.

More power, bigger fuel tank, better manumatic shifter (shifting is delayed, but does hold your gear which is nice), if possible even more creature comforts and better cornering. The car rides nice and firm but once you get into the corners, it rolls too much. Offer a performance tire upgrade.

U Gotta Luv it....
By GB

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Best car I have owned, features are incredible.. fun to drive is kind of a understatement it get your senses on edge everytime eventhough I've had it for a short period of time I'm sure I will never get bored with it. I can go on and on.. my advice to any prospective buyer is do not short change yourself with other imitators this car is by itself the head of the pack.

HP, Navigation, Mark Levinson stereo system with the surround sound - it will give you the ultimate driving experience.

Offer the same interior options as the LS 430.

Gotta Love it
By barnes

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I will never own a Mercedes or BMW... the GS 430 is the car everyone that want to experience luxury with power should own. I still have the first generation lexus GS 300 which is a wonderful automobile. But the GS 430 is the top of the line of the lexus fleet when you incorporate HP with luxury do not and I mean do not think getting the GS 300 will give you the same expeirence. It is worth the money if you know what I mean. Gotta love it!!

Navigation, HP, interior design.

Have more interior color combination with the exterior colors.

Great Car but not a BMW...
By mrjohhnycat

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in my BMW 328CI because of miles and needed a bigger car. Pound per pound this car is the best value, true keyless entry, great nav, all the creature favorites that you need. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is not that fun to drive. The sport mode is to stiff and artifical, the increased power mode is still not that strong. The acceleration at high spead is not there. The trunk is small and the wheel wells get in the way, you can't put two large suitcases in the back.

True keyless entry, great exterior style, back up camera, assist parking, heated/cooled leather seats, auto lights, easy cruise control.

Toyota needs to make the Lexus brands funner to drive. You don't have the BMW feel and control and don't let them fool you, that's the market they are going after. The acceleration is to week at high speads and I don't feel as confident in this car verses my BMW.

Best yet
By Will Kaufman

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Lexus. They just seem to get better. What a wonderful automobile, the best I have ever driven. I drive a lot of highway type driving and I get up to and including 30mpg more often than not. I have a GS 430 and the only concern is sometimes I get noise from the wheels on certain type of road surfaces. But since this car is a performance vehicle that is not a real problem.

Ease of use of almost all of the dashboard features. Nav is great! The seats fit me like a glove and do not bother me in long distance driving even though I have hip and knee problems. Sound system is fantastic along with the acceleration and handling.

Possibly a little bit higher door opening to get into the car.