Used 2006 Lexus GS 430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Gs-430 - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lexus GS 430

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (41 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Best yet
By Will Kaufman

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd Lexus. They just seem to get better. What a wonderful automobile, the best I have ever driven. I drive a lot of highway type driving and I get up to and including 30mpg more often than not. I have a GS 430 and the only concern is sometimes I get noise from the wheels on certain type of road surfaces. But since this car is a performance vehicle that is not a real problem.

Favorite Features

Ease of use of almost all of the dashboard features. Nav is great! The seats fit me like a glove and do not bother me in long distance driving even though I have hip and knee problems. Sound system is fantastic along with the acceleration and handling.

Suggested Improvements

Possibly a little bit higher door opening to get into the car.

GS 430
By willie

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent controls and control panel design. Lexus is known for having logical and organized panels. High technology and dependable. Good resale value. Outstanding gas mileage 26 mpg hwy 20 city. The run flat tires on the car are terrible and expensive. I replaced 5 tires in 13 months at $400 a tire. I finally traded the vehicle in when the dealership informed me this was an ongoing problem with all of their sport vehicles and there was nothing they could do about the problem.

Favorite Features

Navigation, bluetooth and voice commands.

Suggested Improvements

Lexus made one big mistake by including the run flat tires.

Great Car but not a BMW...
By mrjohhnycat

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in my BMW 328CI because of miles and needed a bigger car. Pound per pound this car is the best value, true keyless entry, great nav, all the creature favorites that you need. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is not that fun to drive. The sport mode is to stiff and artifical, the increased power mode is still not that strong. The acceleration at high spead is not there. The trunk is small and the wheel wells get in the way, you can't put two large suitcases in the back.

Favorite Features

True keyless entry, great exterior style, back up camera, assist parking, heated/cooled leather seats, auto lights, easy cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota needs to make the Lexus brands funner to drive. You don't have the BMW feel and control and don't let them fool you, that's the market they are going after. The acceleration is to week at high speads and I don't feel as confident in this car verses my BMW.

Love my car
By stainless

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love my car - 3 years later there is not another car on the road that I want to drive. The only down side we have seen is that the brakes wear unreasonably quick - 20k miles or there about. That does not change my mind about the car - she handles oh so well!

Favorite Features

Backup camera and parking assist. I park in a high rise garage and the backup camera and parking assist are great features for backing into spaces.

Suggested Improvements

Absolutely none.

Mostly LOVE this car
By ll8

2006 Lexus GS 430 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car is so fun to drive. I got a CPO last year with only 47000 miles. It is so amazing, how it rides. I actually giggled the first time I tried to pass someone on the freeway because I wasn't expecting it to speed up quite so merrily! Fun surprise! It feels so luxurious that I felt embarrassed to be driving it at first. Nobody deserves to drive in such luxury. It's just a blessing. :) The only complaints are that the dashboard squeaking will not cease. Lexus paid to fix it and it has been looked at about four times already but it cannot be fixed, even with that special fix they have. Also, a/c and park assist sensors have gone out and were fixed but the a/c took three times.

Favorite Features

Everything! except the dashboard squeak. This car is so fun. Even my old mother commented, this car is so smooth.

Suggested Improvements

No squeaking or rattling. Please do a good job the first time and take pride in your work. Put in high quality parts that will not break.