Used 2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lexus Gs-430 - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (41 reviews )

Frank's Lexus GS 430 Experience
By Frank

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second GS - the last was a 2000 GS 400. This car rocks - it is exceptionally comfortable to drive in, has an incredible stereo system and a truly amazing adaptive cruise control capability. On a recent 400+ mile drive, I averaged nearly 28.3 mpg - higher than the EPA rating!

Favorite Features

Cruise control, navigation system, stereo system. And who can forget the superb engine! Its not the fastest on the road but it rocks incredibly well for any normal situation and gets slightly better mileage in the trade than its bigger engined cousins.

Suggested Improvements

Parking assist system is annoying - way too sensitive to facilitate parking, I just keep it turned off. The climate control system also tends to default - usually - to recirculate with the a.c on even on a cool day when I guess it tries to cool the air and then reheat to the desired temperature.

GS 430
By willie

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent controls and control panel design. Lexus is known for having logical and organized panels. High technology and dependable. Good resale value. Outstanding gas mileage 26 mpg hwy 20 city. The run flat tires on the car are terrible and expensive. I replaced 5 tires in 13 months at $400 a tire. I finally traded the vehicle in when the dealership informed me this was an ongoing problem with all of their sport vehicles and there was nothing they could do about the problem.

Favorite Features

Navigation, bluetooth and voice commands.

Suggested Improvements

Lexus made one big mistake by including the run flat tires.

2006 Lexus GS 430
By used2lovelexo

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I flew out to purchase my vehicle very excited, I ended up in a fender bender with a low-priced Nissan and the Nissan sustained minor damages, my Lexus GS 430 required $10,000 damage repair and crumbled. My air bags did not even deploy! Customer service for Lexus has not been much help. Looks I give it a 10, construction and safety -1. I want out of Lexus!!!

Favorite Features

Navigation, keyless entry, interior technology.

Suggested Improvements

Body integrity, safety, airbag deployement, safety, safety, safety.

Great car but needs an update
By WS

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great car to drive, never lets me down. Comfortable on long drives, sound system is excellent - nav system is second to none; have driven MB and BMW before this GS.

Favorite Features

Ride, power, stereo, nav.

Suggested Improvements

Irritating sqeaks in the dash - no apparent cause. Shouldn't happen in a car this expensive.

Love my Lexus
By GS430

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car is awesome, my favorite thing about my GS is the back up camera and the parking assist. The stereo and dvd player make the car that much more nice and the navigation helps me out a lot. I have no sense of direction so I love knowing where I am and where I am going at all times. LOL! I honestly have no complaints about my GS, I love it. I also own a 1995 SC 400, that I just can't seem to part with, it has almost 200,000 miles and still runs strong. I have never had any major problems with either of my Lexuses. Thanks Lexus for making a realiable and great looking vehicle.

Favorite Features

Sound, back up camera, park assist - that's just to name a few things. Everything about this car is beautiful.

Suggested Improvements

None. Well maybe one - more colors to choose from.