2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.3L V8 6-speed Automatic - (41 reviews )
Mostly LOVE this car
By ll8 on 08/12/13 16:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car is so fun to drive. I got a CPO last year with only 47000 miles. It is so amazing, how it rides. I actually giggled the first time I tried to pass someone on the freeway because I wasn't expecting it to speed up quite so merrily! Fun surprise! It feels so luxurious that I felt embarrassed to be driving it at first. Nobody deserves to drive in such luxury. It's just a blessing. :) The only complaints are that the dashboard squeaking will not cease. Lexus paid to fix it and it has been looked at about four times already but it cannot be fixed, even with that special fix they have. Also, a/c and park assist sensors have gone out and were fixed but the a/c took three times.

All I can say is Wow!
By Tularockstar on 04/29/10 13:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased mine a Lexus Certified Used car, and all I can is "wow!" This car has just about everything a driver would need under the Sun. Once in gear, this car is like race horse ready to sprint out of the gate. The handling is excellent and very agile around corners and curves. One has to watch, however, the speedometer, as I found myself going from 40 to 80 in a few seconds.

Love my car
By stainless on 11/02/09 09:00 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I love my car - 3 years later there is not another car on the road that I want to drive. The only down side we have seen is that the brakes wear unreasonably quick - 20k miles or there about. That does not change my mind about the car - she handles oh so well!

Hard to Beat
By GARY on 02/18/09 10:09 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this car from my son who put over 45k miles in less than 14 months. Read editor's model review which a lot better than consumer's ratings. Had a minor problem with tire warning coming on and not a very smooth ride. The dealer techs kept replacing the sensor in the tires and the warning would stay off for a couple thousand miles and I would have to go back in again. Well, to make a long story short the front struts were bad!! Although out of warranty Lexus replaced them and now it handles like a 60k car again. I own a small auto repair shop and you will not go wrong buying this car for around $30k :]

Nice car
By Doverbacker on 09/28/08 13:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car has it all, ride, comfort and get up and go.

Frank's Lexus GS 430 Experience
By Frank on 05/16/08 22:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second GS - the last was a 2000 GS 400. This car rocks - it is exceptionally comfortable to drive in, has an incredible stereo system and a truly amazing adaptive cruise control capability. On a recent 400+ mile drive, I averaged nearly 28.3 mpg - higher than the EPA rating!

GS 430
By willie on 05/02/07 13:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Excellent controls and control panel design. Lexus is known for having logical and organized panels. High technology and dependable. Good resale value. Outstanding gas mileage 26 mpg hwy 20 city. The run flat tires on the car are terrible and expensive. I replaced 5 tires in 13 months at $400 a tire. I finally traded the vehicle in when the dealership informed me this was an ongoing problem with all of their sport vehicles and there was nothing they could do about the problem.

2006 Lexus GS 430
By used2lovelexo on 03/15/07 13:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

I flew out to purchase my vehicle very excited, I ended up in a fender bender with a low-priced Nissan and the Nissan sustained minor damages, my Lexus GS 430 required $10,000 damage repair and crumbled. My air bags did not even deploy! Customer service for Lexus has not been much help. Looks I give it a 10, construction and safety -1. I want out of Lexus!!!

Great car but needs an update
By WS on 03/11/07 11:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

Great car to drive, never lets me down. Comfortable on long drives, sound system is excellent - nav system is second to none; have driven MB and BMW before this GS.

Love my Lexus
By GS430 on 12/07/06 09:49 AM (PST)

2006 Lexus GS 430 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.3L 8cyl 6A)

This car is awesome, my favorite thing about my GS is the back up camera and the parking assist. The stereo and dvd player make the car that much more nice and the navigation helps me out a lot. I have no sense of direction so I love knowing where I am and where I am going at all times. LOL! I honestly have no complaints about my GS, I love it. I also own a 1995 SC 400, that I just can't seem to part with, it has almost 200,000 miles and still runs strong. I have never had any major problems with either of my Lexuses. Thanks Lexus for making a realiable and great looking vehicle.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.